Staff RN (Day/Evening Flex) - Med/Surg 3
Company: University of Pittsburgh Medical Center
Posted on: June 12, 2021
UPMC Cole is hiring a Full Time Staff Nurse to support our 3rd
Floor Medical/Surgery Unit.
This position will work day shift day/evening flex, 40
hours/week. This position will be required to work every other
weekend and off shift coverage as needed.
The Staff Nurse Coordinates total nursing care for patients,
participates in patient and family teaching and provides leadership
by working cooperatively with ancillary, nursing and other patient
team personnel in maintaining standards for professional nursing
practice in the clinical setting.
- Maintains the standards of nursing care and implements the
policies and procedures of the Hospital and Nursing Department,
including its philosophy, mission and values.
- Assesses the patient's condition and nursing needs, determines
outcomes and prescribes appropriate nursing actions to meet those
outcomes and the physical, psychological, social and rehabilitative
needs of the patient including discharge planning. Collaborates
with interdisciplinary team to meet the outcome needs of the
- Reports pertinent observations and reactions regarding patient
to the appropriate person (i.e., physicians, director, nurse
manager, charge nurse and/or nursing supervisor) and records those
observations accurately and concisely.
- Assigns nursing care to team members in accordance with patient
needs and the personnel's capabilities and qualifications and
assigns other duties as needed.
- Administers medications to and performs treatments on assigned
- Directs, supervises and evaluates nursing care provided to
- Assists physicians with special tests and procedures, such as
thoracentesis, lumbar tap, etc.
- Participates in the economical utilization of supplies and
ensures that equipment is maintained in a clean and safe
- Participates in the orientation of new personnel and
performance evaluations of the nursing staff.
- Assists team members in giving care to patients or administers
direct care when professional nursing skills and judgement are
- Coordinates nursing care of patients when scheduled for therapy
or procedures by other departments.
- Establishes and maintains communications and utilizes teaching
opportunities with patients and other significant individuals.
- Assists with or institutes emergency measures for sudden
adverse developments in patients, such as cardiac arrest.
- Participates actively in committees for the improvement of
- Possesses skills necessary to provide care/services appropriate
to the age of the patients served.
- Involved in surveillance and ensuring the patient safety
culture at Charles Cole Memorial Hospital. Reports patient safety
concerns and events.
- Exhibits accountability and contributes to patient safety.
- Assesses and monitors patient's level and response to
- Educates patients in pain management and its impact on patient
- A Registered Nurse who has taken a basic arrhythmia class and
completed the competency will be expected to do telemetry
monitoring in the ICU, if floated there.
- Performs telemetry monitoring, as required.
- Hourly rounding on patients assigned.
- Performs in accordance with system-wide
- Performs other duties as assigned.
A current PA RN nursing license required.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
Basic Life Support (BLS) OR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
Registered Nurse (RN) Act 33 with renewal Act 34 with renewal Act
73 FBI Clearance with renewal
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
Keywords: University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Buffalo , Staff RN (Day/Evening Flex) - Med/Surg 3, Other , Coudersport, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!