Physician - Gastroenterology
Company: Department of Veterans Affairs
Posted on: June 12, 2021
VA Western New York Healthcare System ( VAWNYHS) is seeking an
enthusiastic Gastroenterologist to join its staff. The successful
candidate will provide comprehensive care to include diagnosis,
treatment, follow-up and education of patients with
Gastroenterology conditions. VAWNYHS is academically affiliated
with the State University of New York (SUNY) at Buffalo and
provides medical, surgical, mental health and long term care
services through a range of inpatient and outpatient programs.
Learn more about this agency
The staff Gastroenterologist will be responsible for, but not
limited to the following duties:
- Physician should have expertise in Gastroenterology and be able
to treat and manage patients who have illnesses related to General
Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology. Physician should also be
proficient and privileged in procedures related to
- Perform colonoscopies and EGD's.
- Evaluate, triage, and prioritize Gastroenterology consult
requests to ensure timely care for patients.
- Performing examination, endoscopy consultation, and developing
treatment and follow-up plans.
- Attend staff meetings and service on committees, process
improvement teams and workgroups as requested.
- Completes CME as required to maintain competency in
Gastroenterology and medical licensure.
- Completes HIPAA, Privacy and Security and other mandatory VA
training in a timely manner.
Work Schedule: Full-Time; Monday- Friday 8:00am- 4:30pm.
Additional information may be provided during the interview
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
0602 Medical Officer
Conditions of Employment
- U.S. Citizenship; non-citizens may only be appointed when it is
not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA
- Designated and/or random drug testing required
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after
- You may be required to serve a probationary period
- Subject to a background/security investigation
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English
- Selected applicants will be required to complete an online
- Must pass pre-employment physical examination
Applicants pending the completion of educational or
certification/licensure requirements may be referred and
tentatively selected but may not be hired until all requirements
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed
when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance
with VA Policy.
- Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting
from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The
degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by
the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course
of study was completed.
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or
surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United
States, or in the District of Columbia.
- Completion of residency training, or its equivalent, approved
by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs in an accredited core
specialty training program leading to eligibility for board
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Physical requirements outlined below.
Reference: VA Regulations, specifically VA Handbook 5005, Part
II, Appendix G-2 Physician Qualification Standard. This can be
found in the local Human Resources Office.
Physical Requirements: Physical activity includes sitting,
standing (up to 2 hours), walking (up to 2 hours), heavy lifting(45
pounds or over), reaching above the shoulder, and repeated bending.
Incumbent should be emotionally and mentally stable and capable to
perform the duties of the position.
Note: Only education or degrees recognized by the U.S.
Department of Education from accredited colleges, universities,
schools, or institutions may be used to qualify for Federal
employment. You can verify your education here: http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/.
If you are using foreign education to meet qualification
requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency
with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education.
For further information, visit:
Keywords: Department of Veterans Affairs, Buffalo , Physician - Gastroenterology, Other , Buffalo, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!