Welder Fabrication Set Up - First Shift
Company: API Heat Transfer Inc.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
As a global leader in the design and manufacture of a wide range
of specialty heat exchangers and heat transfer solutions, API Heat
Transfer has a legacy of industry-leading performance that can be
traced back more than 130 years. Throughout our history, we have
built a corporate culture based on reliability and superior
performance - from our innovative technologies to the people behind
- Check out material allocated for fabricating assignment with
specifications given on Bill of Material or drawings.
- Performs all necessary set-up operations preparatory to layout,
cutting or beveling and also for welding when related to his job
- Performs all layout operations relevant to his fabricating
assignment, using such tools as may be necessary or required.
- Performs all necessary burning, cutting and beveling operations
necessary to establish the correctness of length, bevel, and size
of hole as relating to his job assignment. Does own chipping and
removal of slag from burning or beveling operations.
- Uses proper tools, fixtures or other devices as may be
necessary to set up and align such fittings as are necessary to set
up and align from drawings within required specifications and
- Must be able to set up and operate coupling welder and
tubesheet welder in the DFT line.
- May be asked to assist lower grades.
- Has necessary layout tools.
- Exercises reasonable care and protection for all machines
surfaces when welding or handling.
- Checks out correctness of overall set-up (with inspector, if
- Notifies foreman of any questionable material that is allocated
to a job he is assigned to, which appears to be defective and
should not be used. Must remove work from rolls or positioner when
- Must be able to qualify for necessary ASME Section VIII & IX
Code Welding requirements, using Metallic Arc, Heli-Arc and
- Must be code qualified on shop welding procedures for carbon
steel, stainless steel to carbon steel, stainless steel to
stainless steel to include PED directive or other mandated customer
welder qualification requirements for the listed metals.
- When qualified in any of the above welding procedures, this
entitles said qualified operator to perform such welding operations
as may be called upon, when necessary. Must be able to demonstrate
consistent quality in both weld and fit up. Productivity levels
must be maintained to meet or exceed reasonable time estimates on a
consistent basis. Assessments to be evaluated by both department
supervisor and Quality Control personnel on a periodic basis.
Keywords: API Heat Transfer Inc., Buffalo , Welder Fabrication Set Up - First Shift, Other , Buffalo, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!