At Anixter, we give you an opportunity for a career and a great
work environment. We are a friendly, employee focused organization
that prides itself on customer service, flawless execution and a
hard day's work. If you are looking for a great work environment,
great benefits and an opportunity to grow your career, please read
The position is located at our Buffalo, NY facility and works
Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm and the pay is $16.00/hr.
Responsible for specialized warehouse tasks in loading,
unloading, order fulfillment, shipping, returns, forklift,
Storefront merchandising, or may have a generalized role working in
- Load and unload materials to and from designated storage area,
such as racks, shelves, or vehicles.
- Receive and fill orders, manage warehouse supplies.
- Reviews cycle counts, tracks discrepancies, and maintains
- Verify order fulfillment accuracy for quality assurance.
- Verify computations against physical count of stock.
- Maintains condition of work area (i.e. free of trash, product
in correct location, etc.). Follows company safety policies and
procedures and encourages other associates to do the same.
- Operate warehouse management system (WMX) throughout shift to
include order processing and various reporting.
- May operate forklift or other machinery in order to complete
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The right candidates will be:
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software
- Comfortable and successful with remote management
- Able to work independently
- Committed to follow through on service commitments
- Self-directed, motivated and goal oriented
- Someone with an excellent attendance record
- A quick learner who thrives in a fast-paced environment
We are looking for people who are committed to consistent
performance in a great workplace!
- Typically, in a comfortable environment but with regular
exposure to factors such as temperature extremes, moving machinery,
loud noises, and fumes, which may cause noticeable discomfort or a
moderate risk of accident or illness.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds in a physical
- Ability to stand for periods of time up to and exceeding 60
- Ability to make repetitive movements, including, but not
limited to, bending, or squatting.
About Anixter - Who We Are
Anixter International is a leading global distributor of Network
& Security Solutions, Electrical & Electronic Solutions and Utility
Power Solutions. We help build, connect, protect and power valuable
assets and critical infrastructures. From enterprise networks to
industrial MRO supply to video surveillance applications to
electric power distribution, we offer full-line solutions, and
intelligence, that create reliable, resilient systems that sustain
businesses and communities. Through our unmatched global
distribution network along with our supply chain and technical
expertise, we help lower the cost, risk and complexity of our
customers' supply chains.
- Medical, Dental and Pharmacy plan eligibility after 60
- Access to virtual doctor for common illnesses. Get advice from
a doctor without leaving your home!
- Annual health screenings available at no cost to you
- 401k with 50% company match up to 5%
- Vacation time
- Holiday pay
- Employee preferred provider discounts through PerkSpot.com
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee Referral Program - Big $$$ for referring great
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life insurance programs
- Short- and Long-Term Disability programs
- Health saving options (FSA and HSA)
- Many more benefits available!
Check us out on the web at www.anixter.com for more
We require all of our employees to perform work in an ethical
manner and uphold a culture of honesty and ethics at all times.
Anixter is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer;
Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran
Click here to apply online