Senior Software Engineering Manager
Company: ACV Auctions
Posted on: June 13, 2021
ACV Auctions is the leading dealer-to-dealer, online automotive
marketplace in the nation. We bring transparency to every
transaction from start to finish, ensuring peace of mind and value
for our customers. We do this with a combination of the industry's
best technology and the world's best people. As a result of our
team's tireless effort and dedication, we're growing at a
staggering rate. ACV is attracting new people from widely different
backgrounds and geographies who are invested in the genuine belief
that we are creating something special.
Who we are looking for:
ACV is looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineering
Manager to lead one of our software domain teams. You will oversee
a team of engineers supporting our digital products which have made
us a major disruptor in the industry. The ideal candidate will have
an engineering mindset with a passion for developing innovative
digital products. This person will thrive in a fast-paced, agile
development environment and provide hands-on leadership and
coaching to a rapidly growing team.
What you will do:
- Manage and lead your reports and resources to execute on the
ACV Auctions engineering vision. This includes constant recruiting,
mentoring, and the development of individuals on your team.
- Collaborate extensively with our Product team to ensure a
unified vision and continued improvements to digital products.
- Manage, negotiate, and develop third-party vendor relationships
alongside the VP of Engineering as they relate to tools,
outsourcing, and consulting.
- Own, manage and execute the strategy, roadmap, and technical
implementation of scalable services and product roll-outs.
- Conduct code reviews, contribute high-quality documentation and
assist in the development of robust scalable applications.
- Own and drive KPI's critical to software quality which
primarily includes increasing engineering confidence and release
frequency to new levels.
What you will need:
- Minimum 10 years' software engineering experience.
- Minimum 8 years' experience in a leadership or senior
engineering role with a focus on digital product development.
- Have worked as an integral member of the development team
collaborating with product, engineering, and other business units
by designing and developing highly scalable back-end web
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills (written and
verbal), attention to detail, extreme organization, problem-solving
and time management skills.
- Prior experience with Jenkins, Kubernetes, Docker, VueJS,
AngularJS, MySQL, Perl, Python, Java, C#, Service Oriented
Architectures, or AWS a plus.
- Significant experience with SQL or relational databases; you
can write select statements (including semi-complex joins) to query
data at rest in the database or in log files.
- Familiarity with screen capture and other recording solutions
to document steps to troubleshoot and reproduce issues identified
What we will offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Upbeat Innovated Culture
- Professional training opportunities
- Flexible schedules
ACV Auctions is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability status, protected veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: ACV Auctions, Buffalo , Senior Software Engineering Manager, Other , Buffalo, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!