Company: Delaware North Companies
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Delaware North is searching for a Paralegal to join our coporate
Legal team in Buffalo, New York. In this role, you will identify
and anticipate issues relevant to regulatory licensing transactions
to ensure regulatory-compliant licensing of all U.S.-based company
operations and manage these issues effectively and directly with
business representatives, outside counsel, and regulatory agency
In addition, as Paralegal you will take on special projects as
assigned, including assistance of in house counsel with
specifically delegated substantive legal work.
- Responsible for the coordination and administration of all
issued regulatory licenses and preparation of all application and
disclosure submissions for additional licenses for all U.S.-based
company operation locations. Responsibility usually assigned by
state. Licenses include: gaming, liquor, business, health and
others as required by the federal, state, or local
- Ensures licenses renewals and applications are filed
appropriately and timely.
- Tracks and maintains a deadline sensitive tickler and follow-up
on various aspects of information and data unit management.
- Maintains and updates department database with relevant
information to effectively execute licensing programs.
- Track and comprehend licensing requirements across divisional
lines of the company to accurately interpret and submit information
requested by regulatory agencies.
- Assists in house counsel in the delivery of legal services by
performing specifically delegated substantive legal work.
- Executes the administration of license approval and renewal.
Creates and maintains the department-wide data base related to
areas of responsibility ensuring consistency and transparency of
- Makes recommendations and suggestions to the Deputy General
Counsel or Attorney for decisions and actions.
- Accountable for budgeting and managing legal spending on
outside counsel within area of responsibility.
- Implements compliance with federal, state and local licensing
laws/regulations as described by the Delaware North licensing
framework and direction from supervisors or consulting
- Effectively participates as a team member of licensing
specialists to meet the requirements of the business when opening
new locations and renewing licenses.
- Works effectively under broad supervision from an attorney or
Deputy General Counsel. Develops weekly status and exception
reports allowing management insight to daily operations to
facilitate decision making.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships with internal
colleagues, leaders at Delaware North properties (General Managers,
Food and Beverage Directors), outside counsel, government agency
officials (such as liquor and gaming authorities.)
- Bachelor's degree in paralegal studies and two years law firm
experience preferred or associates degree with five years
regulatory or government compliance experience.
- Possess a strong knowledge of business transactional legal
concepts and business organizational issues and company-specific
business organization structure in order to identify and/or
anticipate issues relevant to regulatory licensing transactions and
to deal effectively and directly with business representatives,
outside counsel and regulatory agency personnel.
- Ability to perform factual and legal research and analysis
within contractual documentation on an as needed basis.
- Possess skills necessary to respond to time critical,
sensitive, unique, and complex business organization
- Ability to multitask a high volume of work.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft programs, including Excel,
Powerpoint, Access, and Word.
Who We Are
At Delaware North, you'll love where you work, who you work
with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it's in sporting venues,
casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier
restaurants, there's no telling where your career can ultimately
take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100
years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy
the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and grow with
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries
consider applicants for all positions without regard to race,
color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability,
marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally
protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity
Keywords: Delaware North Companies, Buffalo , Paralegal, Licensing, Other , Buffalo, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!