Mechanic / Ride Mechanic (Full Time)
Company: Six Flags, Inc.
Location: Darien Center
Posted on: June 12, 2021
JOB PURPOSE: To ensure the safe operation and maintenance of all
rides and attractions.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain, erect, repair and troubleshoot rides and attractions
to insure their safe and efficient operation with minimum
- To keep a ride parts inventory and notify the supervisor and A
Mechanics of any parts or materials necessary to insure safe,
- To direct, advise and/or work in conjunction with other staff
solving ride-related problems.
- To ensure that the ride is clean and visually in compliance
with manufacturers specifications, guests and Darien Lake
- To ensure that manufacturer specifications and state
regulations are complied with and documented.
- To inspect rides and attractions and notify the Rides A
Mechanic, Ride Maintenance Supervisor and/or Ride Maintenance
Manager of any hazards that may endanger the general public of
Darien Lake staff.
- Keep all records up to date and current in an accessible,
organized fashion. (i.e. Logbooks, Inspection Forms, etc.)
- Operate within the policies and procedures of Darien Lake.
- Maintain good housekeeping standards in area of
- Possess the ability to work at heights above 208' above
- Be able to read, write and implement maintenance and inspection
- Must possess own hand tools.
- Must have basic knowledge and experience of mechanics, gear
reduction, pneumatics, hydraulics and electricity.
- Must have the ability to use those skills to insure the safe
operation of rides and attractions.
- Must be able to read, understand and implement maintenance and
- Must possess a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Valid New York State Drivers License and successful completion
of Darien Lake Vehicle Training program.
If you are able to answer "YES" to all of the following
questions, please continue the application process by clicking
- Can you provide legal documentation establishing your identity
and eligibility to be legally employed in the United States?
- Are you able to perform the essential functions of the job for
which you are applying with or without reasonable
- Within the last 90 days, can you state that you have not used
illegal or social drugs (excluding marijuana), such as MDMA
(Molly), cocaine and crystal methamphetamine?
- Are you willing to comply with our grooming code which
prohibits facial jewelry (other than 2 matching pairs of earrings),
extreme haircuts/styles, colors, and visible tattoos on or above
the neck or any single tattoo or cluster of tattoos larger than 4"
by 4". (Please answer "YES" if you believe you would qualify for a
religious accommodation which might exempt you.)
- I am willing to agree that future text messages relating to Six
Flags, Inc., including company news, job posting application status
updates, and other information, may be sent on behalf of Six Flags,
Inc. to the cell phone number I provide.
Keywords: Six Flags, Inc., Buffalo , Mechanic / Ride Mechanic (Full Time), Other , Darien Center, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!