Plumbing Supervisor (Full Time)
Company: Six Flags, Inc.
Location: Darien Center
Posted on: June 13, 2021
JOB PURPOSE: To oversee the installation, maintenance and
troubleshooting of plumbing utilities and proper water management
as well as providing effective leadership of Plumbing
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Efficiently coordinate and schedule labor to provide quality
workmanship, high productivity, minimal equipment and system
downtime while ensuring safe working practices.
- Ensure the control, quality, safe operation, distribution and
required daily reporting of systems including but not limited to
potable water, industrial water and sanitary sewer through
consistent monitoring, delegating and documenting.
- Install and repair equipment and associated plumbing, including
but not limited to hot water tanks, pumps, filters, toilets,
urinals, sinks, drinking fountains, and hydrants.
- Maintain coordination between Six Flags Darien Lake and
respected Federal, State and local regulatory agencies.
- Ensure all records including daily water consumption are up
kept, filed and reported.
- Maintain and further develop preventative maintenance
- Ensure daily pump outs are completed on time.
- Maintenance of lakes and ensure proper lake levels are adhered
- Utilize knowledge of sprinkler and fire suppression systems and
communicate with corresponding departments to ensure proper
- Adhere to proper personal protection equipment and lock-out
- Practice and promote proper hygiene.
- Ensure the inspection and safe operation of power tools,
ladders and equipment.
- Work in a safe and efficient manner at all times within
established policies and procedures.
- Complete purchase orders; manage inventory, budgeting and
update resources needed to maintain consistent daily operations and
- Assist Facilities Manager with departmental budgeting through
supplies and labor planning.
IDEAL CANDIDATE SHOULD POSSESS:
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum 4 years experience in water management and plumbing
related positions with strong mechanical skills.
- Waste water management certification preferred.
- Ability to be respirator fit tested and orientated to confined
- Vocational and/or Journeyman's certifications preferred.
- Valid state Driver's License and successful completion of
Darien Lake Vehicle Safety Training program.
- Ability to install and repair equipment and associated
plumbing, including, but not limited to, hot water tanks, pumps,
filters, toilets, urinals, sinks, drinking fountains, and
- Experience in the safe/proper operation and training of
- Possess soldering, pipe fitting and threading, mathematical,
and metering skills.
- Ability to locate underground utilities and work in new and
- Ability to read and interpret maps and plumbing related
drawings or diagrams.
- Possess strong administrative skills including computer
literacy, organization, labeling and documentation.
- Possess positive and productive leadership skills with
excellent written and verbal communication.
- Must possess own hand tools.
If you are able to answer "YES" to all of the following
questions, please continue the application process by clicking
- Can you provide legal documentation establishing your identity
and eligibility to be legally employed in the United States?
- Are you able to perform the essential functions of the job for
which you are applying with or without reasonable
- Within the last 90 days, can you state that you have not used
illegal or social drugs (excluding marijuana), such as MDMA
(Molly), cocaine and crystal methamphetamine?
- Are you willing to comply with our grooming code which
prohibits facial jewelry (other than 2 matching pairs of earrings),
extreme haircuts/styles, colors, and visible tattoos on or above
the neck or any single tattoo or cluster of tattoos larger than 4"
by 4". (Please answer "YES" if you believe you would qualify for a
religious accommodation which might exempt you.)
- I am willing to agree that future text messages relating to Six
Flags, Inc., including company news, job posting application status
updates, and other information, may be sent on behalf of Six Flags,
Inc. to the cell phone number I provide.
Keywords: Six Flags, Inc., Buffalo , Plumbing Supervisor (Full Time), Other , Darien Center, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!