Product Owner I - Workflow Automation
Company: M&T Bank Corporation
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Schedule: M-F 8 AM - 5 PMThis is not a remote position.
Overview: Serves as owner for an assigned product or set of
products by representing the voice of the customer and stakeholders
to ensure that the product provides value to the customer, while
aligning with the business strategy. The Product Owner defines
their product vision and roadmap, prioritizes the product backlog,
anticipates client needs and serves as primary communicator between
product stakeholders and teams while evaluating product progress at
each iteration . In addition, the Product Owner plays a key role in
the company's strategic direction, defining and articulating new
opportunities, and working in close concert with key stakeholders,
including senior leadership and their dedicated agile team. Primary
- Build and own the product vision and roadmap that aligns with
the overall strategic intent and communicate them with the team and
all stakeholders. Prioritize the backlog based on the overall
product vision and strategy.
- Represent the voice of the customer within the team and convey
story details to the team; make autonomous decisions, quickly and
thoughtfully, to move delivery forward in alignment with overall
product vision and strategy.
- Write user stories and groom the backlog in partnership with
the team. Specify acceptance criteria for each user story in
support of moving the team to Acceptance Test-Driven Development
- Work directly with the delivery team to create appropriate
information radiators and other communication tools for internal
team and stakeholder use.
- Participate in all team activities and ceremonies.
- Use a matrixed influencing approach to work with essential
business partners throughout the organization irrespective of
hierarchy or divisions, advocating for the benefit of the
- Understand and engage with your customers.
- Focus on outcomes over outputs, incorporating design thinking
methods and analytics to inform product design.
- Collaborate across teams and with other Product Owners to align
the customer journey and dependent backlogs.
- Understand and adhere to the Company's risk and regulatory
standards, policies and controls in accordance with the Company's
Risk Appetite. Identify risk-related issues needing escalation to
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the
M&T Bank brand.
- Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely
implementation of internal and external audit points together with
any issues raised by external regulators as applicable
- Complete other related duties as assigned
Managerial/Supervisory Responsibilities: No direct management
responsibility, but while an individual contributor, the jobholder
must manage activities through influence, accountability and
ownership, functioning in an agile environment Education and
Experience Required: Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 4 years'
business, analytical, technical and/or product experience, or in
lieu of a degree, a combined minimum of 8 years' higher education
and/or work experience, including a minimum of 4 years' business,
analytical, technical and/or product experience Education and
- Prior experience prioritizing across competing priorities and
- Prior experience actively seeking out multiple opinions, yet
making independent decisions and influencing positive outcomes
- Understanding of Design Thinking principles
- Knowledge of basic product design and development best
- Knowledge of Agile and Lean principles and practices
- Experience working in partnership with user experience teams on
- Experience developing/managing digital capabilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Specific subject matter expertise as required by assigned
productLocationBuffalo, New York, United States of America Posted
30 Days Ago Full time R20274 About Us At M&T Bank, we
understand what's important when you're considering a career.
M&T strives to be the best company our employees ever work for,
the best bank our customers ever do business with, and the best
investment our shareholders ever make. The key features of our
culture are our:
- Heritage of strength and stability
- Exceptional and long-tenured employees
- Focus on long-term client relationships
- Commitment to the communities we serve
- Commitment to our shareholders When applying for a job at
M&T Bank, candidates are required to complete a candidate
profile. If you are unable to apply for career opportunities
through use of this site due to an impairment or disability, please
contact us at email@example.com for further assistance.
M&T Bank Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer, including disabilities and veterans. M&T Bank
Corporation has policies and procedures in place to promote a drug
free workplace. Suggested Jobs Product Owner I-AFS and Construction
Lending Product Owner II - Customer Identity and Access Management
Keywords: M&T Bank Corporation, Buffalo , Product Owner I - Workflow Automation, Other , Buffalo, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!