Company: First Student
Posted on: January 13, 2021
Now Hiring Safety SupervisorAt First Student, our Safety
Supervisors are a constant reflection of our company's commitment
to safety and customer service. The Safety Supervisor is
responsible for monitoring driver performance, investigates
accidents, and administers compliance forms, reporting, and related
activities.At First Student, we are proud to offer:
- Tremendous Career Advancement Opportunities due to a strong
presence across North America
- Positive and rewarding work environmentSafety Supervisor
- Monitors driver pre and post trip inspections and equipment
issues (e.g., lights, clips, strobe, brakes) and takes corrective
- Performs driver road checks (e.g., bus stops-early/late
arrivals; safety, speeding, railroad crossings); also observes
drivers for work readiness (e.g., uniform, safety vest,
- Performs IPP Safety contacts with drivers; corrects safety
violations on the scene.
- Investigates incidents/accidents, for example, identifies facts
on-the-scene, and takes photos.
- Attends client conferences (e.g., parent meetings related to
driver performance; periodic bus coordinator meetings on issues).
Identifies facts, ensures calm discussions, and recommends
corrective actions to Contract Manager.
- Completes various compliance activities, for example, motor
vehicle records, background checks, non-compliance list, route
signs on buses, GAP applications, accident reports, distributes
driver paychecks; enters safety compliance data into DMO or other
- Supervises daily loading/unloading at schools. Coordinates
special events at the event location (e.g., driver parking, parent
- Dispatches as needed.
- Monitors on time performance.
- Assists management with driver interviews.Safety Supervisor
Experience and Skills Required:
- Prefer 1-2 year supervisory experience with hourly
- Computer literate with working knowledge of Word, Excel, and
- Familiar with basic vehicle mechanical processes and
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks and manage time
- Good verbal, written, and relational communication skills, with
ability to appropriately interact with employees of all levels
including drivers, customers, senior management, client
representatives, union officials, and general public
- Fluent in English
- Work extended hours regularly, including weekends
- Demonstrate regular and consistent attendance and
- Possess working vehicle to travel with in service area as
neededFirst Student's commitment to putting our customers first,
dedication to safety, and an ambition to deliver dependable
transportation makes for a working environment you'll love. As a
huge company with 120,000 staff and over 2.5 billion customers
worldwide, you'll also enjoy security, a brilliant future, and
excellent training.Apply today to join our team!FirstGroup is an
equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability or veteran status. FirstGroup is also committed
to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to
positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, FirstGroup
will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal
histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco
Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance.
Keywords: First Student, Buffalo , Safety Supervisor, Other , Buffalo, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!