Account Executive, WKBW
Company: The E.W. Scripps Company
Posted on: October 19, 2020
WKBW - TV, the E.W. Scripps ABC station in Buffalo, NY is now
hiring for a full time Integrated Account Executive!
We are committed to representing the audiences we serve. These are
our neighbors, our friends and family. Our employees bring their
whole selves to work - a diversity of backgrounds, ideas, opinions,
life experiences and hobbies. We celebrate what makes us similar -
like our passion for journalism -- as much as we celebrate our
differences. We welcome bright ideas and encourage an
entrepreneurial spirit that will help us shape the future of our
industry. Bring your passion and we will nourish your career with
the tools to help you exceed your wildest career aspirations.
Due to COVID, this position will work remotely until further
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Be responsible for selling commercial and digital advertising
solutions, such as: Over-The-Top (OTT); search engine optimization
(SEO); search engine marketing (SEM); social media; and broadcast
commercial airtime to small, medium, large businesses and
- Prospect, develop and maintain new business relationships in
the market using the Scripps Sales Process and customized sales
- Negotiate advertising rates.
- Cultivate new relationships with the local business community
by networking, cold calling and obtaining referrals.
- Develop and deliver creative advertising campaigns and media
plans for each individual client.
- Effectively manage a sales funnel within the customer
relationship management (CRM) software, achieve appointment setting
and present key performance indicators.
- Perform client services, such as: presentations, media plan
preparation, copywriting, collections, campaign performance
reporting and credit applications.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Bachelor's degree in sales, marketing or related field,
- 2+ years of proven sales success
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- Knack for relationship building
- Results-driven attitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Confidence to speak with decision makers
- Valid driver's license and good driving record required (proof
of insurance and liability coverage may be required)
- And, if you have broadcast, TV, digital or media experience,
that's a plus!
WHAT WE'LL OFFER:
- Extensive Scripps Sales Process training
- A career path to grow your professional experiences
- Uncapped sales commission
- Full benefits; medical, dental and vision
- Retirement savings plan with company match
- Monthly allowance for mileage and cell phone
The E.W. Scripps Company (NASDAQ: SSP) serves audiences and
businesses through a growing portfolio of local and national media
brands. With 60 television stations in 42 markets, Scripps is one
of the nation's largest independent TV station owners. Scripps runs
a collection of national journalism and content businesses,
including Newsy, the next-generation national news network; podcast
industry leader Stitcher; the fast-growing national broadcast
networks Bounce, Grit, Escape, Laff and Court TV. E.W. Scripps also
owns Triton, the global leader in digital audio technology and
measurement services. Scripps runs an award-winning investigative
reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and is the longtime steward
of the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has
held for decades to the motto, "Give light and the people will find
their own way."
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps
Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment
decisions on the basis on race, sex, sexual orientation, gender,
color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition,
disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and
military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which
would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local
law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations
for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so
would result in an undue hardship for the company.
Keywords: The E.W. Scripps Company, Buffalo , Account Executive, WKBW, Other , Buffalo, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!