Gas/Diesel/Alternative Fuel Technicians
Do you have gasoline light & medium duty experience? Join our
team at our Buffalo, NY location! First Student has consistent
year-round work - NOT seasonal or flat-rate pay.
Why pick First Student? Glad You Asked!
* $26.37/hour + $1.60 shift differential. ASE Certifications
earn you bonus money!
* Consistent year-round work!
* Benefits packages including health, dental, vision, & 401k
* Annual shoe and tool allowances
* Paid vacation and sick time
* ASE training and testing materials provided
* Growth potential - Advance your career as Shop Manager, Region
Maintenance Manager, or work in our Greyhound, First Transit, &
First Vehicle Services divisions across North America!
* Ongoing training - learn and work on gas, diesel, & propane
* Training which is on the cutting edge of transportation with
Automotive/Diesel Mechanic Major Responsibilities:
* Repairs and maintains school buses and school bus
* Test drives repaired equipment.
* Inspects and services vehicles
* Notifies supervisor of potentially dangerous equipment and
corrective action taken.
* Performs all other duties as assigned.
Automotive/Diesel Mechanic Job Requirements:
* Technical school training is a plus
* Valid driver's license; CDL preferred (in-house training
* 5 years of recent auto or diesel vehicle maintenance and
repair experience required; school bus experience is preferred.
* Mechanic's tool set
* Willing to obtain ASE Certifications while employed
* Background check and drug screen required
Apply online today to become a part of our team!
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or veteran status