Attorney - Leasing
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Benderson Development is one of America's largest privately held
real estate companies. We are proud to own and manage over 700
properties encompassing over 40 million square feet in 38 states.
The diverse Benderson portfolio includes retail, office,
industrial, hotel, residential, and land holdings.
- Communicate with leasing agents regarding lease documents and
deals made with tenants or proposed tenants. Assist leasing agents
with prospective tenant proposals, including LOI's and check
restrictions. Meet with leasing agents to review lease terms,
- Present proposed and existing lease deals, lease modifications
and completed leases, and react/respond to changes as
- Negotiate leases, lease amendments, waivers, subordination
agreements, estoppels and termination agreements with tenants,
attorneys and brokers. Draft and revise leases and lease amendments
for new and existing tenants. Collect information and exhibits from
other departments for final lease review. Provide information and
direction to administrative staff in implementing lease terms (i.e.
providing dates necessary for lease commencement) Answer questions
- Assist in preparing purchase and sale contracts. Work on due
diligence requirements in preparing for closings.
- Negotiate ancillary lease forms, such as waivers, subordination
agreements, estoppels, termination agreements, rental agreements,
- Maintain awareness of lease terms, obligations and
responsibilities required in each lease (such as meeting penalty
and dead dates), and exclusives and restrictions to avoid
violations of existing leases.
- Prepare post lease execution documents such as waivers, SNDA's
and TI allowance.
- Provide assistance to departments regarding insurance claims,
lease claims and tenant disputes regarding lease terms and
- Assist in handling all aspects of eminent domain matters.
Assist with all aspects of complying with and applying for
government incentive (i.e. Industrial Development Agency
- Insure completion of weekly lease listing.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
J.D. required, in addition to 3+ years practicing law. Specific
knowledge of commercial real estate leasing a plus. Experienced in
contract negotiations. Excellent communication skills, both written
and verbal a necessity; proficiency in Microsoft Office
applications; Proven ability to multitask, managing multiple real
estate files in an effective and efficient manner.
Keywords: Benderson, Buffalo , Attorney - Leasing, Legal , Buffalo, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!