Enterprise Systems Administrator
Company: EVANS BANK
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job Description Evans is a growing company that is investing for
its future. We are headquartered in Western New York and are
seeking an Enterprise Systems Administrator to apply proven
communication, analytical, and critical thinking skills to help
identify, communicate, and resolve issues and implement new
technologies to maximize the benefit of IT systems. As a direct
report to the Sr. Enterprise Systems Administrator, this position
will focus on ensuring the stability, integrity, and efficient
operation of Infrastructure & Information Technology. What We
- Hybrid work approach
- An inclusive culture where associates are empowered to bring
their authentic selves to Evans
- A collaborative environment where good listeners with high
- A growing organization where people are engaged and empowered
to solve problems and make decisions
- The ability to leverage your strengths and passions while
making a lasting impact on the community
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Paid volunteer time to contribute to the betterment of the
communities we serve What We Ask Of You:
- Collaborate with IT staff and Helpdesk to ensure smooth and
reliable operation of software and systems for fulfilling business
objectives and processes.
- Working with Senior IT Management to evaluate technology
solutions as identified by business needs as well as emerging
technologies and industry trends.
- Ensure proper security and regulatory compliance is maintained
in accordance with company policy and standards.
- Recommend new or innovative ideas on improving processes
regarding systems functionality and operational efficiencies.
- Conduct research on software and systems products to justify
recommendations and to support purchasing efforts.
- Interact and negotiate with vendors and contractors to secure
system-related products and services.
- Gauge the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems;
develop and implement strategies for improving or further
leveraging these systems.
- Propose and create system design models, specifications,
diagrams, and charts to provide direction to Business Analyst and
System Analyst / Development teams.
- Design and perform server and security audits, system backup
procedures, and other recovery processes in accordance with the
company's disaster recovery and business continuity
- Integrate servers, including database, e-mail, print, and
backup servers and their associated software into enterprise
- Ensure system connectivity of all servers, shared software,
groupware, and other applications.
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to system
configuration, mapping, processes, and service records.
- Ensure compatibility and interoperability of in-house computing
- Monitor and test system performance; prepare and deliver system
performance statistics and reports.
- Adhere to organizational policy regarding Change Management and
the promotion of environments to a productive state.
- Review and address assigned technical support requests, manage
all updates, and keep the requester aware of any sensitive or
- Provide off hour support, as needed, to support product
updates, equipment upgrades, and technical issues.
- This position may travel to company branches from time to time
for support of network or software/hardware rollout. Experience &
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology
or other related technology discipline, or equivalent
- 7-10 years of experience with MS Windows Server Operating
System and MS Active Directory or Network Infrastructure
- Proficiency with O365/Azure AD Sync/Azure SSO
- Experience with IBM iSeries AS400 preferred
- Extensive experience supporting a Windows environment client
/server including domain controllers and multiple domains
- Experience patching/upgrading server OS,VMware and VSAN as well
as monitoring for and remediating vulnerabilities
- Proficiency with Linux including, Suse, Ubuntu, Debian,
- Experience with VOIP Phone systems
- Proficiency with IP Routing, Switching, LAN and WAN
- Basic knowledge of network protocols(TCP/IP, DHCP,DNS) with
ability to perform initial diagnostics of network issues.
- Banking or related experience preferred
- Understanding of IT Industry best-practices and ability to
evaluate and implement Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and
will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Evans and its
subsidiaries, where employment is based upon personal capabilities
and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race,
color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability,
marital status, citizenship status, military status, sexual
orientation, victims of domestic violence, protected veterans
status, gender identity, genetic information, genetic
predisposition or carrier status and any other category protected
by law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all
policies and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring,
compensation, benefits, termination and all other terms and
conditions of employment. This includes compensation based upon
external and internal job worth in order to provide fair and
competitive wages to associates.
Keywords: EVANS BANK, Buffalo , Enterprise Systems Administrator, IT / Software / Systems , Buffalo, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!