Technical Program Manager - Security & Privacy [Remote]
Posted on: November 22, 2021
We make good things happen by recognizing and rewarding people for
taking the high road. How? By reinventing insurance that celebrates
people's mindful choices.
Insurance was fundamentally a brilliant idea, but it always had a
key challenge - it couldn't identify and acknowledge the positive
decisions that individuals made along the way. But when we apply
smart mobile technologies, we can. And that's what we do. We help
our customers save on their monthly bill. But more importantly,
they join a growing movement of people who dare to live more
mindfully because doing so is simply better for everyone.
We're a well-funded, talent dense team of people who care about
using our skills to do good. From data science, to design,
engineering, insurance, product, research, user experience and
beyond - we believe in people who believe they can make the world
even better. Join us, and let's build the higher path that is
BlueOwl's Security and Privacy function covers three broad domains:
security engineering & architecture, security operations, and
privacy. The Senior TPM for Security & Privacy provides program
leadership of security- and privacy-focused programs across all
three domains. This position requires experience leading
interrupt-driven teams, as well as teams whose work is driven by
Manage and handle all aspects of programs, made up of several
projects with similar goals at every phase of the program's
lifecycle, from strategy creation to execution to delivery to
completion and/or post-closure monitoring phases.
The role is complex, requiring a collection of both soft and hard
skills in terms of leadership, management, communication, technical
expertise, and strategy. The job leveling (junior, mid-level,
senior) will be determined based on the experience of the
Roles & Responsibilities:
* Drive ongoing cross-functional programs to ensure BlueOwl remains
an industry leader in security and privacy
* Facilitate Security & Privacy portfolio & epic planning,
visibility, and prioritization
* Organize and continually maintain program transparency by
establishing key project information, visualizations, and a
schedule for all phases of a program, as possible. Define and
refine metrics to understand team performance.
* Communicate program status with all levels of stakeholders within
the organization as needed, with the goal of creating harmony and
accountability across the organization and team.
* Collaborate with Project & Program Managers to integrate planning
and execution across your teams and others on programs and
* Work across multiple teams to coordinate all dependencies. This
may entail negotiating scope, timelines, and roadmaps with external
* Strong technical aptitude: Must have a strong aptitude and
understanding of the technical aspects and capabilities of the
* Develop team rapport in a remote work environment
* Continually strive to create and maintain team harmony and
efficiency given the fact that the teams may be made up of diverse
people with varied backgrounds, experiences and opinions
* Serve as the bridge between the S&P team and other teams
around the company
* Strong influencing skills: Must coordinate several interrelated
technical projects across many teams. Must develop your program's
roadmaps and strategies while also leading all the teams that
ultimately execute them. Be able to get the team's trust in a
* Juggle multiple projects with different sizes and timelines, as
* Drive program Change Management, which includes stakeholder
buy-in, phased roll-outs, enterprise-wide communications, training,
tips and tricks, guardrail set up, etc.
* Drive program Risk & Issue Management, tracking issues and
proactively putting in place mitigations and escalating as needed.
Recognize situational severity and know when to push for actionable
next steps toward resolution and when to escalate.
* Work within our Agile Scrum or Kanban frameworks, bringing in
your own flare.
* Manage the progression of work items (tickets) through Jira in
whatever way is appropriate for the team - kanban or scrum. Remove
impediments as needed
* Lead / coach your team on Jira and Confluence usage
* Take meeting notes (attendees, items discussed, what changed,
blockers, next steps, action items)
* Always keep an eye out for continuous improvement and once
identified, drive the improvement!
* Other duties as assigned
Nice to Have:
* PMP, CAPM, CSM, etc.
* Strong technical and business architecture aptitude
* Smartsheet, Github, Miro, Retrium, EazyBI, etc. experience
* Startup experience
* Insurance industry experience
* Experience with working in an organization going through an Agile
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related
* Salary: We pay competitive salaries factoring in experience,
skill set, and location. We do not offer equity.
* We provide a wide-selection of health and welfare benefits
including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and supplemental
income plans. We also offer a 401(k) Plan with a company match.
* Wellness and Time Off: We provide Headspace subscriptions, a
wellness allowance, and generous time off including four weeks of
PTO in the first year of employment with additional time granted
upon hire. New parents may also take eight weeks of fully paid
parental leave (plus four weeks for parents who give birth) which
may be taken within one year after the birth and/or the adoption of
* Professional learning and growth: We provide a generous allowance
each year for professional learning, continuing education, and
* Location: May work from anywhere in the US, but will need to be
actively available during core meeting hours from 9:00AM - 3:00PM
pacific time to collaborate with team members across all time
* Some travel may be required after the San Francisco office
* Candidates based in the SF Bay Area will be able to commute to
the SF office for in-person meetings and other gatherings.
This role is employed by BlueOwl, LLC. BlueOwl, LLC is a separate
company in the State Farm family of companies and is the solutions
provider for the HiRoad Assurance Company.
Keywords: HiRoad, Buffalo , Technical Program Manager - Security & Privacy [Remote], IT / Software / Systems , Buffalo, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!