Human Resources Generalist
Company: Acacia INC
Posted on: May 27, 2023
Under supervision of the Director of Human Resources, the Human
Resources Generalist provides a wide variety of both complex and
routine HR Administrative services. The Generalist assists in day
to day Human Resources functions in the following areas: Human
Resources Information Systems (HRIS), Employee Relations,
Recruiting, Training and Development, and Employment and
Compliance. The requirements listed below represent the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities as defined by the ADA
to perform the essential functions of the job. The salary range is
- Manages organizational-wide position control system to ensure
adherence to annual budget and accurately maintain staffing/FTE
levels and appropriately track vacancies.
- Manages and updates organizational-wide job postings, job
hotline and career website to accurately reflect job
- Participates as key member of HR team for new HRIS and Payroll
system/software implementations, upgrades and/or system
- Responsible for accurately processing all employee and
consultant status changes in HRIS including new hires,
terminations, promotions, increases, transfers, etc.
- Manage the 1199 SEIU longevity increase process. Calculates
increase amounts as stipulated by CBA and processes increases
approved by CFO.
- Calculates all salary adjustments including retroactive
payments associated with hourly or salary increases (longevity,
COLA, promotions, etc.) or salary reductions (demotions, transfers,
- Manages the co-pay reimbursement process for 1199 SEIU members.
Reviews all medical receipts submitted for reimbursement to
determine eligibility. Processes month reimbursement register for
- Performs monthly sanctions and exclusions screening of
employees and vendors via KChecks. Reviews list of matches
determine if any employees or vendors excluded by Office of
Inspector General (OIG) or Office of Medical Inspector General
(OMIG). Resolves matches as appropriate. Immediately reports any
excluded employees or vendors to Director of Human Resources.
- Serves as finance for Payroll/Finance. Works closely with
Controller to resolve issues between HRB and PayEx including but
not limited to tax codes, accrual codes, file numbers, earning
code, etc. discrepancies.
- Produces various HR-related reports as requested by HR staff
and reports for compliance tracking (in-services, talent reviews,
licensures/certifications, NEO attendance, etc.).
- Responsible for monthly internal reporting including turnover,
external BCHN staffing reports, etc.
- Maintains knowledge and understanding of existing and proposed
federal and state labor laws/regulations to ensure compliance.
- Ensures legal compliance on HR-related issues including ADA,
EEO/AA, FMLA, FLSA, COBRA, etc.
- Attends and actively participate in departmental and/or
organizational meetings, trainings and workshops as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- 3+ years previous relevant experience in Human Resources
Healthcare Industry experience preferred
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources Management, Organizational
Development, Business Management or an equivalent related field
- PHR or SHRM-CP Certification a plus
- Knowledge of HR functions including recruiting and hiring,
benefit administration and compensation
- Experience with medical/dental/life insurance enrollment and
- Knowledge of federal and state labor laws and strong
- Ability to use business acumen to exercise good judgment and
- Ability to deal with sensitive issues with diplomacy and
- Must be able to multi-task with strong organizational
- Strong PC skills including MS Office, HR Perspective/HRB, and
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate both
verbally and in written form
- Commitment to cultural diversity and sensitivity.
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor under pressure, and
operate with a keen sense of urgency and commitment to quality
Keywords: Acacia INC, Buffalo , Human Resources Generalist, Human Resources , Buffalo, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...