Two Assistant Athletic Trainers
Company: Alfred University
Posted on: May 23, 2023
The Assistant Athletic Trainers will assist in the overall
injury prevention, evaluation, treatment, short-term and long-term
rehabilitation, education and counseling, and athletics-related
health care administration of all Alfred University
student-athletes in consultation with and under the supervision of
the Team Physician(s), Head Athletic Trainer, and other qualified
medical personnel. -This is a full-time, 10-month,
benefits-eligible administrative position. Two (2) positions are
available. This position description is not all-inclusive, as other
tasks or responsibilities may be assigned.Responsibilities:
- Injury prevention, evaluation, treatment and rehabilitation:
- Provide daily injury prevention, on-site evaluation and
treatment, and rehabilitation of student-athletes as directed by
the Head Athletic Trainer and Team Physician(s).
- Consult with the Team Physician(s) for guidance on the
treatment of injured student-athletes.
- Determine a student-athlete's ability to practice and/or
compete in consultation with the Team Physician(s).
- Report the status of injured student-athletes to the coaching
staff as directed.
- Input and maintenance of medical records:
- Assist with the compilation, input, and organization of daily
- Share the responsibility of maintaining and organizing the
Athletic Training Room (ATR) file system.
- Athletic teams, coaches, and other staff:
- Attend scheduled team practices and home and away competitions
- Meet regularly with selected coaching personnel to identify
problem areas and to establish treatment goals for the respective
- Travel with athletic teams as necessary and as directed by the
Head Athletic Trainer.
- Work in conjunction with the various coaching staff and other
personnel regarding student-athlete nutrition issues.
- Athletic training facilities, equipment, and supplies:
- Assist with the inventory, receiving, and stocking of all
Athletic Training Facility
supplies and equipment.
- Share in the responsibility of Athletic Training Facility
maintenance and upkeep.
- Administration, rules, and regulations:
- Assist with the enforcement of the Division of Sports Medicine
code of conduct and
rules and regulations for the use of the athletic training
facilities and equipment.
- Assist with the organization and administration of the NCAA and
substance abuse testing program.
- Organize and administer an Exposure Control Plan for
Blood-borne Pathogens as dictated by the State of New York and
Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
- Supervision of athletic training students
- Assist with the organization, administration, supervision, and
education of athletic
- -Advise and direct the graduate assistant, intern athletic
trainer(s), and athletic
training students regarding any and all duties.
- Collaborate with the Program Director for the Division of
Health and Human
Performance regarding the performance, education, and preparation
- Professional development:
- Complete annual end-of-season athletic training reports for
- Represent Alfred University and the Division of Sports Medicine
at university, conference, and/or national meetings as required or
- Maintain certification requirements of the Board of
Certification (BOC) and the
State of New York.
- Participate in safety training and comply with safety rules,
- Formal Education: a bachelor's degree in athletic training is
required; a master's degree in athletic training or a related field
is preferred. The candidate must be certified by the Board of
Certification and licensed by the State of New York or eligible for
licensure by the State of New York. The candidate must be licensed
by the State of New York on the first date of employment.
- Experience: Prior collegiate athletic training experience is
- Additional Knowledge: Teaching experience in athletic
training/sports medicine is preferred. Must be CPR and AED
certified and first aid/CPR instructor level desired. A valid U.S.
driver's license is required. The candidate must be willing to work
evenings and weekends. -Alfred University actively subscribes to a
policy of equal employment opportunity, and will not discriminate
against any employee, student or applicant because of race, age,
sex, color, sexual orientation, gender identification or
expression, physical or mental disability, religion, ancestry or
national origin, marital status, genetic information, military or
veteran status, domestic violence victim status, criminal
conviction status, political affiliation or any other
characteristic protected by applicable law. Protected veterans,
minorities and women are encouraged to apply.Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Alfred University, Buffalo , Two Assistant Athletic Trainers, Human Resources , Alfred, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...