Production Worker - MUST ATTEND OPEN HOUSE - Temporary Part Time- $16.67/hr
Company: General Motors
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Manufacturing - Production Worker - Temporary Part Time
Production Team Members are hardworking and ambitious workers who
are responsible for assembly,
machining, quality checks, tool changes, and problem solving of
manufacturing processes and equipment. Team members are also
functioning in a manufacturing team environment where Global
Manufacturing System (GMS) principles are highly integrated.
* Starting wage is $16.67 per hour. Holiday pay and health care
options after 90 days.
Must be able to perform each duty and responsibility
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below represent the
essential knowledge, skill, ability and/or physical demands
required. Additional or different requirements may exist in this
* Understand, support and execute all work in safe manner and
contribute to a culture that promotes safety as its overriding
* Perform a variety of duties, including bench, floor, or conveyor
assembly work involving standardized work elements.
* Use computerized equipment and engage in activities such as
machine resets and quality checks.
* Perform predictive, preventive, and reactive maintenance
activities on all equipment in assigned work area.
* Read, comprehend, and follow written, standardized work
instructions and trained procedures.
* Work cooperatively with others in a team environment.
* Learn new tasks and adapt to frequent job duty changes as
required by business and manpower demands.
* Complete tasks within designated timeframes to meet production
* Work in a dynamic and fast-paced manufacturing plant
* Regularly report for work on time to support production startup
and throughput goals.
* Possess good physical stamina and coordination. Specific physical
requirements of the position include the ability to:
* Walk and stand for prolonged periods of time.
* Read standardized work instructions, operate machines and tools,
and perform quality inspections.
* Promptly detect and respond to safety instructions, alarms, and
* Wear personal protective equipment, for example: safety glasses,
gloves, hats, ear plugs, and safety shoes.
* Work in a loud manufacturing environment that is not climate
controlled (conditions can be hot or cold).
* Frequently and repetitively:
* Bend, twist, kneel, crouch and reach to perform work.
* Lift or carry materials weighing up to 15 pounds and periodically
carry or lift materials weighing up to 40 lbs.
* Use hand positioning to grip/grasp devices such as hoists and a
wide range of power and vibrating tools or other equipment.
* Occasionally sit, climb (including ladders and lifts) and drive
vehicles and equipment.
Additional Job Description
* These are temporary positions working as a direct employee of
* Candidates must be willing to work any shift
* Overtime hours on those shifts are common and may be available
with little notice.
* Weekend and holiday shifts are regularly expected, but not
Interested individuals must meet the following minimum
* Must be able to satisfactorily complete the General Motors hiring
process requirements which include hair drug testing and a
* At least 18 years of age
* Eligible to work in the United States
* Good English proficiency to listen, read, and follow work and
* Must be willing to work flexible shift hours and day, afternoon,
or night shift as well as overtime hours on those shifts with
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only
free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion
and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates
an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better
products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety
through which people gain experiences whether through professional,
personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to
be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key
responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions
that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to
qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of
an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin,
disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or
veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being
an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers
opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with
disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with
your job search or application for employment, email us at
Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your
email, please include a description of the specific accommodation
you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number
of the position for which you are applying.
Keywords: General Motors, Buffalo , Production Worker - MUST ATTEND OPEN HOUSE - Temporary Part Time- $16.67/hr, Human Resources , Lockport, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!