Director of Payroll
Company: Elderwood Administrative Services
Posted on: September 24, 2022
This job is located in Buffalo.Overview:Elderwood Administrative
Services has an exciting and rewarding opportunity for a Director
of Payroll. This is a leadership position within our coporate
The Director of Payroll is responsible for the overall management
and operations of the Payroll department. This individual will
provide leadership, support, training, oversight and processing of
enterprise-wide payroll; preparation of monthly financial
statements and reporting; total state and federal compliance;
strategic leadership and supervision of payroll staff.
- Highly organized
- High attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines, multi-task and prioritize
- Ability to handle confidential information with professional
- Demonstrates initiative and proactive approach
- Exceptional communication skills both verbal and written
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to problem-solve,
analyze data and make decisions
- Ability to work autonomously as well as in a team setting
- Highly strategic thinkerThis is a hybrid role allowing the
flexibility to work remote 1-3 days a week. Please note, there are
on-site responsibilities. Our corporate office is located at 500
Seneca Street, Suite 100, Buffalo, NY 14204.Join Our Team: Are you
looking to take the next step in your career? Employee Perks!: 401K
Retirement Plan with Company Match, Close to thruway
entrances/exits, Flexible Scheduling, Free On-Site Parking,
Friendly and supportive staff, Generous PTO & holiday package, Life
Insurance, Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance, Point-earning
employee reward program: redeem for prizes!
Responsibilities:Essential Job Functions
- Reviews the computation of pay and ensures the company payroll
policies are enforced and in accordance with government
- Designed short- and long-term strategies for continuous
improvement and accuracy in payroll operations.
- In conjunction with HR department, facilitates HRIS system
- Assists with administration of the company's time-keeping
- Processes and prepares financial and operational reporting as
needed (i.e. monthly financial statements).
- Conducts audits of Payroll to ensure compliance, accuracy,
- Assists finance department with budgets.
- Responsible for the management and general oversight of the
Payroll departmental day-to-day operations and staff.
- Works closely and collaboratively with EAS HR on enterprise HR/
benefit/ compensation / initiatives.
- Stays current on all legal compliance aspects for all
state/federal laws thar impact the payroll function in the states
that we operate.
- In conjunction with Talent Acquisition, conducts full-cycle
talent recruitment to ensure a fully staffed department within
budget parameters including, but not limited to: interviewing,
hiring, onboarding, training, coaching, and mentoring.
- Oversees Payroll personnel to include performance evaluation,
administering discipline, discharges and daily supervision.
- Educates and assists facility/division personnel on Payroll
- Initiates departmental meetings as necessary.
- Approves timecards, payroll and scheduling of Payroll
- Integrates all acquisitions into Payroll systems; manages
interfaces for various platforms/systems with the payroll
- Performs ad-hoc projects as they arise/as assigned.
- Arrives to work on time, regularly, and works as
- Recognizes and follows the dress code of the facility including
wearing name tag at all times.
- Follows policy and procedure regarding all electronic devices,
computers, tablets, etc.
- Supports and abides by Elderwood's Mission, Vision, and
- Abides by Elderwood's businesses code of conduct, compliance
and HIPAA policies.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor, management
staff or Administrator.From: USD $110,000.00/Yr. Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Management
or related field
- Minimum of seven (7) years of experience in
- (1) year of experience in health care/long term care industry
- Minimum of one (1) year supervisory experience
- Demonstrated proficiency with computer usage and applications
such as ADP, Kronos, Microsoft Office, and other payroll/
- Valid, current driver license for travel as needed
- Elderwood expects all current and new employees to be
vaccinated against COVID-19. If hired, you will be required to
provide proof of vaccination. Employees may request a medical
exemption from vaccination.EOE Statement: WE ARE AN EQUAL
OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for
positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical
disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age,
genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual
orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal,
State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the
Keywords: Elderwood Administrative Services, Buffalo , Director of Payroll, Human Resources , Buffalo, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!