Human Resources Manager (HRM)
Company: Elderwood at Grand Island
Location: Grand Island
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Overview:Rate provided is a base rate. This rate increases with
experience and education.
Elderwood at Grand Island is seeking a Human Resource Manager (HRM)
to lead this HR department. The ideal candidate is an experienced
HR Professional with strong problem solving and communication
The Human Resources Manager supports all business operations by
managing the organization's HR administration, and execution.
Overall, this position is responsible for executing and managing
all recruiting, onboarding, offboarding, performance management,
payroll and general HR activities for the site. This position will
also have a Recruiting Coordinator on-site to help execute critical
recruitment functions for the facility.
- Problem Solving
- Customer Service
- Decision Making
- Excellent Communication
Join Our Team: Are you looking to take the next step in your
career? Employee Perks!: 401K Retirement Plan with Company Match,
Clean, Neat & Newly Renovated Facility, Free On-Site Parking,
Friendly and supportive staff, Generous PTO & holiday package, Life
Insurance, Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance, NEW Weekly Pay
Schedule!, Point-earning employee reward program: redeem for
prizes!, Quiet suburban neighborhood, Substantial employee referral
program, Tuition reimbursement program Responsibilities:Essential
- Responsible for the timely sourcing, interviewing, & onboarding
of candidates through the Applicant Tracking System.
- Maintaining an accurate and timely submission of the weekly
open positions report.
- Participation in marketing the facility through recruitment
events held at the facility as well various organizations and
schools; i.e. open interviews & job fairs.
- Ensure internal posting process is properly managed within the
facility, and for employees involved in facility-to-facility
- Promote company Employee Referral Program.
- Accurately track employee referral program and timely payout of
referral bonuses.Onboarding and Training:
- Orient and complete new hire paperwork for all new staff
members and ensure that employment regulatory requirements are met;
to include but not limited to, reviewing benefit program
eligibility, describing benefit plans, and confirmation of
- Schedule new hires for General Orientation and deliver HR
- Obtain all required regulatory documentation for all licensed &
certified persons hired at the facility at time of hire, and
annually thereafter; i.e. professional licenses and CPR and other
Life Safety certifications. If not certified arrange for
- Obtain medical documentation required for Measles, Rubella and
TST for applicable new hires. Coordinate new hire physicals.
- Ensure that all personnel actions are properly documented
(location, address, rate of pay and status change, disciplinary
actions and signature receipts).
- Maintain staff member personnel records in accordance with
regulatory agency requirements and HR Policy & Procedure
- Initiate probationary and annual performance evaluation
- Administer 30 Day New Hire Surveys & Exit Interviews in
accordance with company policy.
- Order name badges, business cards and computer access as
- Timely processing of employee termination and maintain staff
roster in several databases.
- Coordinate uniform benefit allowance and fitting and acquiring
of uniforms under the allowance program.Payroll and Benefit
- Timely distribution of information on the company's benefits
package to all eligible employees, monitor pending enrollments and
provide follow up to verify completion.
- Responsible for accurate and timely data entry of employee
information and ongoing maintenance in ADP HRIS.
- Review all employee timecards in time & attendance system for
accuracy and approvals.
- Run various reports out of ADP reporting
- Assist employees with benefit/payroll inquires.
- Interpret personnel policies and procedures and communicate
benefit program details to staff.
- Upon termination of staff, distribute documentation relating to
benefits such as Health Insurance, 401K, Life Insurance, and Dental
- Helps coordinate all employee activities, as established by
- Compile and track paperwork for staff members on leave of
absence; maintain compliance with FMLA and other regulatory leaves;
maintain communication with staff members on return to work
expectations.Unemployment & Workers Compensation
- Ensure timely response to claims for unemployment insurance.
Verify that all termination data is reported to payroll within one
pay period of termination date.
- Represent the company in UI and WC hearings when
- Participate in facility Safety Committee.
- Compile and submit information for unemployment, Worker's
Compensation and disability claims; maintain OSHA 300 log.Employee
- Ability to triage employee concerns and issues; knowing when to
escalate to the Administrator and/or EAS HR.
- Ensure consistent application of policy & procedures to include
corrective disciplinary actions.
- Maintain disciplinary log.
- Drive facility recognition and retention programs; i.e.
Employee of the Month, birthdays, anniversaries.From: USD
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Human Resources, Business or
other related field.
- PHR is preferred.
- A minimum of five years of experience in a Human Resources
- Demonstrable knowledge in state & federal labor laws, FMLA,
OHSA, & COBRA.
- Must havewe are seeking a Human Resource Manager (HRM) to be a
critical leader in this department prior recruitment and employee
- Prior payroll and benefits experience strongly preferred.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, highly organized,
detail oriented,& quality focused.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
- Effectively prioritize job responsibilities in a fast-paced
- Ability to successfully self-manage and work autonomously.
- Elderwood expects all current and new employees to be
vaccinated against COVID-19. If hired, you will be required to
provide proof of vaccination. Employees may request a medical
exemption from vaccination.EOE Statement: WE ARE AN EQUAL
OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for
positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical
disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age,
genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual
orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal,
State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the
Keywords: Elderwood at Grand Island, Buffalo , Human Resources Manager (HRM), Human Resources , Grand Island, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!