Human Resources Generalist
Company: Southtowns Care Center
Posted on: January 8, 2021
DESCRIPTIONJob Summary:The Human Resource Generalist will run
the daily functions of the Human Resource (HR) department including
hiring and interviewing staff, administering pay, benefits, and
leave, and enforcing company policies and practices while
facilitating a positive relationship between personnel and senior
- May oversee the scheduling, assignments, and daily workflow of
subordinate staff in the department.
- May assist with constructive and timely performance
- Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and
non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments.
This may include safety training, anti-harassment training,
professional licensure, and aptitude exams and certifications.
- Recruits, interviews, and facilitates the hiring of qualified
job applicants for open positions; collaborates with departmental
managers to understand skills and competencies required for
- Conducts or acquires background checks and employee eligibility
- Implements new hire orientation and employee recognition
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human
resource programs including but not limited to compensation,
benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and
investigations; performance and talent management; productivity,
recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and
training and development.
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants,
employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive
matters to the appropriate staff.
- Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings,
terminations, and investigations.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment
laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews
policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory
changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent
management, and employment law.
- Performs other duties as assigned.Required Skills/Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the
organization's HRIS and talent management systems.Education and
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration,
or related field required.
- At least one year of human resource management experience
- SHRM-CP a plus.Physical Requirements:Prolonged periods of
sitting at a desk and working on a computer. Must be able to lift
15 pounds at times.Must be able to access and navigate each
department at the organization's facilities.EOE Statement:WE ARE AN
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered
for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or
physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national
origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status,
sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal,
State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the
work involved.LOCATION300 Dorrance Ave, Buffalo, NY 14220, USA
Keywords: Southtowns Care Center, Buffalo , Human Resources Generalist, Human Resources , Buffalo, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!