Sr. Product Development Scientist I, Value Added Bakery
Company: Rich Products Corporation
Posted on: October 13, 2019
Rich?s has been able to pull off something rare in the business
world: a culture that successfully blends the latest business
practices with family values.? That means our associates are able
to work for a great company while also benefiting from a work
environment that fosters world class professionalism combined with
family intimacy.? Our benefit offerings are reflective of this
unique blend of Life, Work and Family .PURPOSE STATEMENTAre you
someone who prefers to work in a fast-paced cross functional
environment? Rich---s is looking for a Senior Product Development
Scientist in our Value Added Bakery Division.--Imagine working for
a stable, family owned company with sales in 110 countries and a
workplace with great culture.-- If this is the opportunity you---ve
been looking for then we want to hear from you.KEY
ACCOUNTABILITIES/OUTCOMESWhat you'll be doing:Product Development
and Leadership for Value Added Bakery New Product and Product
- Develop new products, and lead optimized, cost savings, and
maintenance projects through Speed to Market process.
- Identify and implement innovative, practical application and
modification of ingredients, formulations, and process to achieve
business goals of commercializing new products, improving existing
products, or cost savings.
- Provide project leadership in the development and
commercialization of new products, product improvement, and cost
- Work on multiple interdisciplinary projects, setting direction
for how projects are carried out, develop project plan, identify
and organize project team, coordinate other resources to achieve
goals, implement plan, monitor progress, and lead all communication
of same within organization and outside of organization.
- Design and execute experiments, analyze, and interpret data to
make sound technical recommendations for specific projects.
- Provide and communicate technical and business risk assessment
and perspective for assigned projects.
- Develop process specifications and ensure training and transfer
of specification knowledge to QA and Operations.
- Ingredient and Product Innovation to achieve business goals of
commercializing new products and product platforms.
- Research and gain thorough understanding and knowledge of state
of the art and emerging technologies in product and ingredient
- Provide innovative solutions for overall category. Technical
Support as a category technical leader:
- Support Operations and QA to resolve ingredient, formula,
process issues and manage product/process changes. Provide
technical support with customer on product information and process
- Collaboration with cross-functional teams on implementing new
equipment and processes.
- Provide formula and process specifications and support to
assure smooth rollouts of new equipment and processes.
- Support the process design and review on new capability
expansion, cost enhancement, and/or process improvement
opportunities of new to the company or new to the world
technologies.KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/EXPERIENCEWhat you'll need:
- Bachelor---s degree in Food Science or related field (e.g. Food
Chemistry, Microbiology, Food Engineering, etc.)
- 6+ years--- of experience* industrial, applied research
- Master---s degree in Food Science or related field (e.g. Food
Chemistry, Microbiology, Food Engineering, etc.)
- 3+ years--- of experience* industrial, applied research
- Ph.D (e.g. Food Chemistry, Microbiology, Food Engineering,
- 2+ years of experience* post-doctoral laboratory experience in
specialty area applicable to position --
- Solid verbal and written communication skills including
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced environment*Note:
Experience expected to have resulted in a solid record of
accomplishment such as demonstrated by products /process/
experimental design.#LI-DC1--Rich Products Corporation, its
subsidiaries and affiliates (?Rich?s?), are committed to a policy
of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against
an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion,
creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental
disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, gender
identity, sexual orientation, marital status or any other legally
recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. The
information collected by this application is solely to determine
suitability for employment, verify identity, and maintain
employment statistics on applicants.?Applicants with disabilities
may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the Americans
with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable
accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which
will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue
hardship on Rich?s. Please contact Rich?s Human Resources
department if you need assistance completing this application or to
otherwise participate in the application process.
Keywords: Rich Products Corporation, Buffalo , Sr. Product Development Scientist I, Value Added Bakery, Hospitality & Tourism , Buffalo, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!