Deli Clerk Job
Company: BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
Posted on: April 18, 2019
BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the
warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today,
we're a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in
16 states from Maine to Florida.While our Members know us for
helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team
Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace
that's committed to developing great talent.If you're a motivated
and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is
committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to
hear from you. BJ's offers a fast-paced, team environment with
great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits
packages to help you succeed.DELI CLERKJob SummarySlices, packages,
weighs, and sells various deli products, including meats and
cheeses. Maintains the presentation and cleanliness of the deli,
including deli display cases. Provides assistance to Members in the
deli department.Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key
- Provides a high level of customer service to Members. Answers
questions and recommends deli items. Answers Member calls and takes
- Slices, packages, and weighs deli products, including cheeses
and meats. Helps Members select the correct products. Samples
product to assist in purchasing decisions. Prepares and packages
special orders and party trays.
- Receives and inspects deli shipments. Displays, stocks, rotate,
and stores deli products following food safety, food freshness, and
product handling policies and procedures.
- Ensures that all products are fresh and meet company quality
standards. Checks for out-of-date products daily and follows
appropriate product salvage policies and procedures.
- Ensures deli cooler shelves and deli display cases have a wide
variety of product. Stocks and rotates deli items when
- Operates and handles deli equipment in accordance with safety
policies and procedures.
- Cleans and sanitizes deli equipment and food surfaces
throughout the department, including rotisserie ovens, cooking
utensils, refrigerated cases, and the deli cooler.
- Ensures scale systems are in working order. Makes sure items
are weighed and priced accurately.
- Maintains all club policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including assisting in other
departments as needed.Qualifications
- Work experience in a deli department preferred.
- Prior experience operating manual/power slicers and scales
- Knowledge of deli products preferred.
- At least 18 years of age.Environmental Job Conditions
- Most of the time is spent moving about frequently on hard
surfaces. There may be a need to occasionally position oneself to
examine or scan merchandise, including bending, handling, pulling,
reaching, and/or stooping.
- Frequently requires lifting objects up to 30 pounds. May
require lifting and moving heavy and/or awkward objects greater
than 30 pounds with assistance.
- Located in a comfortable indoor environment with frequent
exposure to temperature extremes from freezers, ovens, and/or
coolers. There may be frequent exposure to cleaning agents.BJ's
Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment
opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for
employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual
orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental
disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait,
marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and
expression, military or veteran status, or any other
characteristics protected by applicable law.
Keywords: BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc., Buffalo , Deli Clerk Job, Hospitality & Tourism , Buffalo, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!