Food and Beverage Internship
Company: Six Flags Darien Lake
Location: Darien Center
Posted on: May 27, 2023
JOB PURPOSE: To learn what it takes to be an entry-level lead
within our park. This internship will provide an opportunity to
learn our company mantra, leadership skills, and network with Six
Flags leaders and learn day-to-day park operations of a Food and
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead by example through performing all duties and
responsibilities, promoting Teamwork and fostering a learning
environment for all Team Members.
- Provide first class guest service to both Guest and Team
- Practice, support, maintain and enforce a total safety culture
for all Team Members.
- Establish and sustain a strong team environment to increase
location retention, motivation and morale of Team Members.
- Support area supervisors in the day-to-day operation of their
- Direct stand functions to ensure a smooth and profitable
- Assist with training and coaching team members assigned to
- Keep all team members informed of park procedures and policies.
Assist leadership keep communication with staff and vice
- Address guest complaints and resolve issues. (Keep management
informed of any difficulties in this area)
- Monitor Sales and Expenses as it relates to the locations that
are being overseen .
- Order all stand supplies, food items and prepare a monthly
closing stand inventory sheet.
- Maintain product par levels.
- Monitor quality and portion control on all food items.
- See that food production is adequate for the day's
- Provide feedback to leadership team on ways to improve
- Follow and enforce all Six Flags Darien Lake, state, and
federal labor laws and policies and procedures.
- Maintain sanitation, cleanliness, safety and food standards in
compliance with health department, legal and company
standards/guidelines, and ensure adherence by all team
- All other duties assigned or necessary to support the park as a
whole and the Food and Beverage department. Management reserves the
right to add or remove duties when circumstances dictate.
- Responsible for making sure all team members comply with the
company values and are completing our mission.
- Practice safety methods, and techniques to ensure work areas
are safe. Eliminate unsafe physical conditions, equipment, and
machine hazards, and other risks in human and operational
performance which may cause injury to persons, damage to property,
or cause other losses. -
- Ensure that any team member that is injured reports the injury
to First Aid immediately.
- Excellent communication skills
- Goal oriented
- Ability to lead by example
- Be enrolled in a BOCES or college/university program for
Culinary, Food Service, or Restaurant Management (or related
- Be able to work nights, weekends, and holidays with flexible
- Commitment to providing first class service to our guests
Any and all other duties that are assigned or necessary in order to
support the IPS Department and the park as a whole. While this job
description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the
requirements of the job, management reserves the right to add or
remove duties when circumstances (e.g., emergencies, changes in
workload, rush jobs, staff levels, or technical developments)
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: -
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. - Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Must be able to sit and/stand/and walk for long periods of time
throughout the day
- Must be able to work outdoors at various times throughout the
- Requires manual and bi-manual dexterity, fine and gross motor
skills, hand/eye coordination, near vision, hearing and
- Requires occasional kneeling and bending
- Requires occasional walking, reaching above shoulder, pushing
- Requires occasional lifts and carries up to 60 pounds
- Requires occasional carries up to 100 pounds with the
assistance of a two wheel hand truck
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.
This position requires occasional work in or around wetness,
confined spaces-cramped quarters, heights, noise,
detergents/chemicals, mechanical hazards, moving objects,
fumes/odors, dust, mists, gases, or vibrations. The noise level is
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
SIX FLAGS DARIEN LAKE THEME PARK RESORT IS A DRUG FREE
Keywords: Six Flags Darien Lake, Buffalo , Food and Beverage Internship, Hospitality & Tourism , Darien Center, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...