Cook Helper/ Assistant
Company: Iroquois Job Corps
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Job DescriptionAssists in preparing center meals and performs
routine maintenance tasks.MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares quantities of food according to the menu and number of
students/employees, in accordance with local, state, and national
food safety regulations.
- Assists in serving food.
- Adheres to all state guidelines concerning food safety and
proper food handling procedures, and Cleans assigned areas.
- Cleans and maintains dining room and kitchen facilities.
- Operates dishwashing equipment.
- Cleans and checks service equipment.
- Assists in moving and storing supplies.
- Supervises and assists culinary art and work-based learning
students in proper food preparation and storage.
- Assists in supervising leisure time employees and work-based
learning. Note: This job description is not intended to be
all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as needed
to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. SKILLS/COMPETENCIES:
- Knowledge of safety and sanitation requirements in food
preparation and storage
- Knowledge of methods of preparing cooking and serving food
- Working knowledge of the uses of kitchen utensils and
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with others
- Proficient in the use of computer software such as MSWord,
Excel and Outlook, etc.EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to read and write English fluentlyEXPERIENCE:
- 3 months work related experience preferredOTHER:
- Must be ServSafe-certified or have the ability to be
- Must possess a valid driver's license with an acceptable
driving recordADA REQUIREMENTS:In accordance with the Americans
with Disabilities Act, it is possible that requirements may be
modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals. However,
no accommodations will be made which may pose serious health or
safety risks to the employee or others or which impose an undue
hardship on the company. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. The term "qualified individual with a
disability" means an individual with a disability who, with or
without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential
functions of the position. PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES:
- Reading, writing and communicating fluently in English
- Hearing and speaking to express ideas and/or exchange
information in person or over the telephone
- Seeing to read labels, posters, documents, PC screens,
- Sitting, standing, moving about or walking for occasional or
frequent periods of time
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard,
kitchen equipment and utensils
- Kneeling, bending at the waist, stooping and reaching
- Retrieving and storing files and supplies; occasionally
carrying and/or lifting up to 50 lbs.WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Campus and cafeteria setting
- Indoor and outdoor environment
- Exposure to heat from ovens, burners and steam trays; exposure
to cleaning products, fumes, etc.
- Exposure to cutting and slicing equipment and machines with
- Exposure to high noise levels from kitchen equipment and
students at meal times
- May be required to work a flex schedule to include evenings
Keywords: Iroquois Job Corps, Buffalo , Cook Helper/ Assistant, Hospitality & Tourism , Medina, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!