Company: Elderwood Village at St. Gregory Court
Posted on: September 25, 2022
This job is located in Williamsville. Overview: Starting rate
increases with relevant experience. No late nights! Elderwood
Village at St. Gregory Court is looking for a Cook, who will help
us care for our residents by providing them with nutritious meals.
Meal times are highlights of daily life, and excellent nutrition
and appetite appeal are central to the well-being of residents and
patients. Our chefs, wait staff and kitchen staff prepare and serve
delicious, wholesome menus. Join Our Team: Put the CARE back in
CAREER - Join our team today! Employee Perks!: Clean, Neat & Newly
Renovated Facility, Close to thruway entrances/exits, Conveniently
located on a bus route, Free On-Site Parking, Generous PTO &
holiday package, Life Insurance, Medical, Dental, and Vision
insurance, NEW Weekly Pay Schedule!, Tuition reimbursement program
- Review menus and production sheets to determine food quantities
needed for regular, mechanically altered and other special diet
- Prepare specified food items, as assigned.
- Test cooked foods by tasting and smelling samples.
- Ensure that sanitation and safety standards are met in the
preparation, cooking and production line stages of food
- Maintain cleanliness and upkeep of specified equipment and the
general kitchen work area.
- Supervise food being cooked; ensures that food is held and
served at correct temperature.
- Assist with preparation of and distribution of foodstuffs.
From: USD $15.50/Hr. Qualifications:
- Minimum 18 yrs. age required. High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous food preparation experience required.
- Ability to understand and organize food preparation activities
- Ability to carry out cooking tasks at a safe and efficient
level of performance required.
- Knowledge of food preparation and production process
- Pride in quality of food and service necessary.
- High degree of personal cleanliness and good hygiene; health
status suitable for service of food required.
- Respect for residents' privacy and rights; respectful and
dignified treatment of residents required. Elderwood expects all
current and new employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. If
hired, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination.
Employees may request a medical exemption from vaccination. EOE
Statement: WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and
employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without
regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion,
gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or
veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other
protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the
performance of the work involved.
Keywords: Elderwood Village at St. Gregory Court, Buffalo , Cook, Hospitality & Tourism , Lockport, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!