Company: Elderwood Village at Bassett Park
Posted on: August 5, 2022
This job is located in Williamsville. Join Our Team: Are you
ready for a rewarding career? Join a company that cares for you,
too. Overview: Elderwood Village at Bassett Park is searching for
someone with previous food preparation experienceto help us care
for our residents by preparing healthy, nutritious meals. Meal
times are highlights of daily life, and excellent nutrition and
appetite appeal are central to the well-being of residents and
patients. Our chefs, wait staff and kitchen staff prepare and serve
delicious, wholesome menus. Employee Perks!: Enjoy a fun and
diverse work environment, Free On-Site Parking, Generous PTO &
holiday package, NEW Weekly Pay Schedule!, Substantial employee
referral program, Uniform Provided Responsibilities:
- Review menus and production sheets to determine food quantities
needed for regular, mechanically altered and other special diet
- Prepare specified food items, as assigned.
- Test cooked foods by tasting and smelling samples.
- Ensure that sanitation and safety standards are met in the
preparation, cooking and production line stages of food
- Maintain cleanliness and upkeep of specified equipment and the
general kitchen work area.
- Supervise food being cooked; ensures that food is held and
served at correct temperature.
- Assist with preparation of and distribution of foodstuffs. Base
wages increase with experience! Qualifications:
- Minimum 18 yrs. age required. High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous food preparation experience required.
- Ability to understand and organize food preparation activities
- Ability to carry out cooking tasks at a safe and efficient
level of performance required.
- Knowledge of food preparation and production process
- Pride in quality of food and service necessary.
- High degree of personal cleanliness and good hygiene; health
status suitable for service of food required.
- Respect for residents privacy and rights; respectful and
dignified treatment of residents required. Elderwood expects all
current and new employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. If
hired, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination.
Employees may request a medical exemption from vaccination. EOE
Statement: WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and
employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without
regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion,
gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or
veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other
protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the
performance of the work involved.
Keywords: Elderwood Village at Bassett Park, Buffalo , Cook, Hospitality & Tourism , Getzville, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!