Cook - Cobham Mission Systems
Company: Personal Touch Food Service
Location: Orchard Park
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Description:Position Highlights:Location Name: Cobham Mission
SystemsRate of Pay: $16.00/hr to $18.00/hrHours of Work / Schedule:
Monday through Friday 7a - 2pPart Time or Full Time Status: Full
TimeCome join our team at Personal Touch Food Service!We have
immediate openings for multiple food service positions in many
locations throughout Western New York!We offer:
- Flexible schedules!
- Business and Residential positions have day and evening shifts
- FREE lunch and uniforms!
- Benefit eligible positions may participate in Health, Dental,
Vision, 401k, LTD, Life Insurance and
purpose of this job description is to communicate the overall
purpose, key responsibilities, and duties associated with this
position. The Personal Touch company philosophy requires that all
employees contribute on a team basis for the purpose of overall
company success. While the following information should be
considered a comprehensive description of this position, it should
be noted that some responsibilities and duties may not be
specifically addressed. Personal Touch reserves the right to amend
or change this description at any time.Job Overview:The Cook
establishes and oversees the kitchen work flow at his/her assigned
unit to ensure that meals are prepared in an efficient and
effective manner. The Cook may be additionally responsible for
receiving supplies, verifying delivery quantity and quality, and
ensuring all supplies are stored appropriately in accordance with
health and safety regulations.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
of the Group Leader/Cook
- Responsible for planning and executing overall food preparation
including defining the required steps for successful food
preparation and delegating responsibilities appropriately to
- Sample, smell and evaluates food to ensure conformance to
recipes and standards of taste and appearance.
- Be knowledgeable of quality standards and required portion
sizes and ensure food is served in compliance with both.
- Maintain an awareness of the physical location and productivity
of all kitchen staff throughout their shift to ensure each employee
stays on task with his/her individual responsibility.
- Ensure appropriate supply levels and maintained through
effective ordering and inventory monitoring
- Responsible for inventory control including such things as,
ordering food and supplies and effectively utilize food surplus to
capitalize on investments made and control costs.
- Complete and maintain accurate daily production records as well
as inventory files.
- Monitor all elements of the kitchen environment including the
storage temperature of all food products; the temperature of water
in dish machine and; and cooler and freezer temperature on a daily
basis. Maintain environmental records as necessary.
- Responsible for sanitary conditions in all work areas that meet
or exceed health department requirements.
- At the end of shift, check the entire facility for cleanliness
of physical plant and all equipment. Verify that all security
measures are in tack to guard against theft.Essential Duties and
Responsibilities of All Personal Touch Employees
- The philosophy at Personal Touch includes providing all
customers with memorable service. The service provided by every
person at our company touches multiple customers both internally
and externally. All customers must be treated with courtesy and
respect and every effort should be made to ensure customer
satisfaction at all times.
- Effective communication is key to customer service. It is the
employee's responsibility to refrain from profanity, harsh words,
or derogatory/inappropriate comments and communicate in a business
- Personnel at Personal Touch are required to maintain a
professional appearance at all times. This includes good hygiene;
and, dressing in clean, neat, professional clothing or uniforms as
required. Specific food service hygiene and dress code requirements
are addressed separately in the employee manual.
- Employee reliability is key to exceptional customer service.
Productive attendance during your scheduled hours and timeliness
are essential. If unable to work your scheduled shift, reporting
requirements are outlined in the employee manual.
- Continuous learning is a core requirement at Personal Touch. It
is the company's expectation that all employees are open to and
engaged in professional growth opportunities including
cross-training for other positions, teambuilding activities, and
skills training programs offered by the company.
- The health and safety of our employees is of paramount
importance at Personal Touch. Compliance with safety regulations
and reporting all on-the-job accidents and injuries as outlined in
the employee manual is required.
- The health and safety of our customers is also of paramount
importance at Personal Touch. Compliance with health department
regulations, sanitation requirements, and food safety training is
- Attitude is everything! Employees at Personal Touch are
expected to maintain a positive "can do" attitude when
communicating with internal and external customers. Any concerns
regarding your position or problems you may experience in the
workplace should be addressed privately with your supervisor.
- All employees should be aware that new or additional
responsibilities outside the scope of this job description may be
assigned by management as necessary.
- Tastes food prepared to insure proper flavor, texture,
consistency and quality control.
- Ensures that all foods are maintained at the proper
- Cleans and sanitizes utensils and work area before and after
use.. Requirements:Education and/or Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Two to four years Cooking experience in the food service field
with one year preferably in a supervisory capacity
- Knowledge of foodstuffs is essential with food production
- Must possess basic math skills, ability to calculate production
and recipes as required for guest counts
- Must be able to work at a moderate to fast pacePhysical
RequirementsThe on-the-job minimum physical requirements of the
position based upon a typical workday.
- Occasional sitting
- Constant standing
- Frequent walking
- Frequent bending
- Frequent lifting up to 50 lbs
- Frequent carrying with both hands up to 50 lbsReaching,
Handling, Finger Dexterity and/or Feeling
- Constant reaching by extending hand(s) or arm(s) in any
- Constant handling by seizing, holding, grasping, turning or
otherwise working with the hand or hands, but without finger
- Constant finger dexterity required to manipulate objects with
fingers rather than whole hand(s) or arm(s); using a keyboard, for
- Constant feeling to perceive an object's size, shape,
temperature or texture by means of senses in your skinCommunication
- Constant communication skills using the spoken word
- Constant hearing abilitySeeing
- Constant far vision (clear vision beyond 20 feet or more)
- Constant close vision (clear vision within 20 inches)
- Constant color vision (ability to identify and distinguish
- Constant depth perception
- Constant ability to adjust focusWorking ConditionsThe amount of
exposure to the following environmental conditions based upon a
- Occasional exposure to marked changes in temperature and
humidity or extremes thereof
- Occasional work near moving mechanical partsNoise Level:
ModerateWe are an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are
considered for positions without regard to veteran status,
uniformed servicemember status, race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic
information or any other category protected by applicable federal,
state, or local laws.
Keywords: Personal Touch Food Service, Buffalo , Cook - Cobham Mission Systems, Hospitality & Tourism , Orchard Park, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!