On Call Registered Nurse
Company: Hospice Buffalo
Posted on: November 11, 2019
$5/hour evening differential.
The majority of our patients prefer to receive hospice and
palliative care at home to maintain their independence and live
their lives to the best of their ability. Symptoms are managed so
that the patient can live a full life with the support of family
and friends and the comforts of home.You can be part of people's
most critical time in life. You will have the ability to build
strong relationships with patients and families.
A Hospice On Call RN renders professional nursing services in
accordance with physicians' orders for individualized patient care
and psychosocial/spiritual interventions for patients/families.
- Perform comprehensive assessments to identify all physical,
psychosocial, environmental, safety, emotional and spiritual needs
related to terminal illness
- Performs pain assessments using Edmonton Scale
- Articulates disease progression of cancer(s), lung disease,
heart disease, liver disease, dementia, and other neurologic
- Articulate etiologies of symptom manifestation (nausea,
vomiting, anorexia, fluid and electrolyte imbalance, diarrhea,
constipation, mucositis, weakness/fatigue, dysphasia, edema,
dyspnea, cognitive impairment, urinary retention, depression,
delirium) related to a disease.
- Knowledge in usage, indication, adverse side effects,
contraindications and negative interactions of most commonly used
steroids, NSAIDs, benzodiazepines, antidepressants,
anticonvulsants, narcotics, antifungals, and diuretics.
- Member of the interdisciplinary team, collaborating on the
optimum plan of care
- Incorporates computer documentation into patient visit
- Must be able to make visits in home care and facility- based
(SNF, ALF, group home) settings.
Education / Certification
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with current RN
licensure in the State of NY
- Certification in Hospice and Palliative Care Nursing
- Valid Driver's License, free of serious violations, and vehicle
required for use when on duty or on-call.
- (1) Year of nursing practice as a professional nurse is
Keywords: Hospice Buffalo, Buffalo , On Call Registered Nurse, Healthcare , Buffalo, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!