LPN Care Coordinator
Company: JERICHO ROAD MINISTRIES, INC.
Posted on: May 27, 2023
SUPERVISOR: Nurse Manager HOURS: M-F 8 - 5, Some Sat 9 - noon,
Flexibility based upon need
- 1-2 years' experience providing clinical services in a
healthcare setting; experience in community/outpatient
- Education: LPN licensure in the State of New York required
- Proficiency in typing and navigating Medent to the end that
communication is accurate, timely, and efficient.
- Because the work environment includes patient homes, the LPN
must be sensitive to cultural traditions that dictate hospitality,
and employ principles of infection and pest control.
- Requires the ability to travel to multiple office locations;
valid driver's license and completion of Motor Vehicle Driving
Record (MVR) with HR department.
- Demonstrates ability to carefully set priorities, meet
deadlines, and schedule time efficiently.
- Ability to follow-up and follow-through with strong attention
to detail, and to work well and maintain professionalism under
occasional times of stress and pressure.
- Demonstrates ability to follow oral and written instructions
and ability to work with others through teamwork.
- Possesses strong interpersonal skills as demonstrated by
compassionate, courteous, cordial, cooperative, and professional
interaction with diverse groups of co-workers, external business
partners, and the community. JOB SUMMARY: The Licensed Practical
Nurse (LPN) Care Coordinator provides support for the subset of
JRCHC patients who are medically complex and/or medically fragile,
and have difficulty making it into the office to see their
provider. The majority of the patients will see multiple
specialists, require polypharmacy, and lack adequate social
support. Many will have a mental health diagnosis that complicates
The LPN will provide care coordination services to address limited
health needs, and extensive administrative needs of patients who
meet the above criteria. Together with the nurse practitioner,
nurses, patient navigators, care coordination team members, and
pharmacists, the LPN will assist in care plan implementation and
execution, develop care management strategies for patients and
provide linkages for the various health and social needs of
patients. Whenever and wherever necessary, the LPN will serve as an
advocate for individuals, families and communities.
- Works in the field in a variety of Erie County settings,
including all JRCHC sites, patient homes, medical day centers,
in-patient floors of hospitals and nursing homes.
- May accompany patients to specialist visits.
- Assist the nurse practitioner on days that patients come to the
office - performing all duties described in the LPN office
- May be asked to obtain lab specimens and administer injections
(such as influenza vaccines) for patients who do not come into the
- While conducting remote work the LPN will establish a home
office area and assist patients with video-visits, field calls for
the nurse practitioner and remain active on the electronic health
- Utilizing Medent the LPN will independently foster an informed
and therapeutic relationship with the patient and their
- Under the direction of the supervising nurse practitioner, the
LPN will provide patient/family education. This will not be limited
to, and may include:
- Communication with JRCHC staff through the patient portal
- Enrollment in the Jericho Road Pharmacy
- Review of accepted printed and web-based patient education
materials related to chronic disease
- Medication administration
- Diet and lifestyle education
- There is an emphasis on engaging patients across care settings
such as the transition from hospital to home, and following
specialist visits. With direction from the nurse practitioner, the
LPN will facilitate linkages, and maintain ongoing communication on
behalf of the patient and nurse practitioner with:
- Specialist offices
- Hospital discharge planners
- Certified nursing agencies (CHHA's)
- Managed care organizations (MLTC)
- Health Homes (JRCHC, GBAUHN, etc...)
- Outpatient programs (PT, Medical Day)
- DME and medical supply providers The person in this position
should be able to demonstrate on a daily basis a commitment to the
organizational mission, vision and values of JRCHC.
Our Mission: Jericho Road Community Health Center provides
wholistic healthcare for the underserved and marginalized
communities in Buffalo and across the world in order to demonstrate
the unconditional love of Jesus.
Our Vision: Our vision is for underserved and marginalized
individuals, families, and communities in Buffalo and across the
world to become healthy and whole.
Core Values: We strive to foster faith and hope in ourselves and in
- Compassion: We maintain a deep care for the hurting in our
- Dignity: We uphold a mutual respect of each person's intrinsic
- Health: We consider body, mind, spirit, and relationship with
God, others, community, and self as components of health.
- Integrity: We seek to be honest, accountable, and transparent
in all practices and interactions.
- Justice: We advocate for society's most vulnerable members in
- Participation: We maintain constant dialogue with our community
to inform our services.
- Sensitivity: We esteem each person's culture and individuality
- Sustainability: We build upon the assets and resources of the
community in order to facilitate self-sufficiency.
- Wholism: We engage numerous strategies, in and out of the
clinical setting, to promote health and wholeness. Individuals who
hold positions at Jericho Road Community Health Center should
possess the following qualification and capabilities:
- Passion for serving individuals personal and community
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working with EMR, Medent preferred
- Project-management experience
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs and Google suite of
programs or willingness to learn
- Creativity and problem-solving capabilities
- Positive and engaging interpersonal skills
- Strong self-motivation
- Ability to travel between sites if necessary to serve multiple
- Experience working with low-income, diverse, multilingual
populations highly desired
- Able to interpret, adapt, and apply guidelines and
- Must be self-motivated and able to function independently and
in teams at all levels
- Strive to serve various communities and socioeconomic statuses
in a culturally competent way
- Attend required training as deemed mandatory by organization or
to continue education in field
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Must be able to sit or stand for long
periods of time. Exert up to 50lbs. pushing, pulling, or lifting.
Walking, climbing stairs required. Able to talk/hear and
communicate with others with or without reasonable
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: Must be able to travel to sites while
maintaining standards of safety and compliance with motor vehicle
traffic laws. This position may require travel for necessary
training and conferences.
Keywords: JERICHO ROAD MINISTRIES, INC., Buffalo , LPN Care Coordinator, Healthcare , Buffalo, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...