LPN Staff Nurse
Company: Humboldt House Rehabilitation and Nursing Center
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Humboldt House Rehabilitation and Nursing Center - New Starting
Rate: $24.75/hr!!!! All shifts available including day shift!
Experienced LPN Rates up to $27.75/hr!
POSITION SUMMARY: The LPN reports to RN with the Shift Supervisor
or Resident Care Coordinator.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS
A. Job Knowledge and Role Responsibilities:
1. Demonstrates knowledge of age specific developmental factors
specific to adult and geriatric residents
2. Demonstrates knowledge, skills, and techniques necessary to care
for residents with the following needs: therapeutic, neuro and
dementia, dialysis, IV therapy, infectious disease and wound care,
3. Provides nursing care in accordance with Resident Care Policies
and Procedures and ensures the safety and well-being of the
residents is maintained.
4. Attends all mandatory in-services by employee's anniversary
5. Maintains and updates New York State license in compliance with
New York State regulations.
6. Acts appropriately under the direction of the RN Shift
Supervisor, RN, or Resident Care Coordinator and acts as an active
member of the interdisciplinary team.
7. Demonstrates ability to adjust to changes in units/shift
assignments to meet resident and facility needs.
8. Demonstrates knowledge and ability to assist the RN or Resident
Care Coordinator with the day- to- day activities.
9. Successfully completes facility-conducted orientation of
specialized dementia unit, as appropriate.
10. Demonstrates knowledge of and complies with the Code of Conduct
and Corporate Compliance Program when performing work
B. Resident Care Responsibilities:
1) Assumes responsibility on assigned unit for:
Medication & Treatments
a) Administers enteral feedings, and oral, injectable and
intravenous medications and treatments within the LPN scope of
practice as prescribed by the Physician and per facility
b) Performs and is co-responsible for narcotic count as per
Resident Care Policies and Procedures.
c) Demonstrates expertise in dispensing medications and treatments
by all routes as ordered by the Physician with established time
frames. Ensures no medications are left unattended.
d) Assesses effectiveness and observes for interaction and reaction
of medications and treatment.
e) Demonstrates knowledge of residents' allergies according to
established Care Plan.
f) Documents medication and treatment administration in a timely
and accurate manner according to Resident Care Policies and
g) Orders appropriate medications from pharmacy as needed in
accordance with Resident Care Policies and Procedures.
Management and Supervision of Nursing Assistants:
a) Reports pertinent information to Nursing Assistants on assigned
residents prior to delivery of care, and provides direction in
prioritizing resident care.
b) Reports resident information to Nurses and Nursing Assistants
reporting for next shift.
c) Ensures all aspects of delivery of care to residents is
completed within the established time frames according to Resident
Care Policies and Procedures.
d) Ensures all aspects of resident care information is up-to-date
and reviewed by Nursing Assistants prior to the delivery of
2) Complies with all State Department codes and requirements
regarding nursing care and documentation.
C. Role Responsibilities-Interpersonal Skills:
1. Is aware of, and adheres to, Resident's Bill of Rights and
Confidentiality of Resident Information.
2. Interacts with residents and family members, co-workers,
clinical and ancillary staff in a non-judgmental, supportive and
3. Addresses resident and family satisfaction issues immediately by
reporting them to the Supervisor in a professional manner.
4. Is aware of Resident Abuse Reporting Law.
5. Participates as assigned in the orientation of new staff and
demonstrates a positive, helpful and enthusiastic attitude.
D. Role Responsibilities-Safety:
1. Demonstrates ability to locate emergency equipment (i.e.,
emergency oxygen tank, etc.)
2. Understands and demonstrates knowledge of role in Fire and
3. Demonstrates ability to identify and respond appropriately to
potential behavioral outbursts.
4. Uses facility equipment safely.
5. Recognizes, removes, and/or reports potential hazards.
E. Role Responsibilities-Infection Control:
1. Demonstrates knowledge of and implements universal
2. Washes hands between resident contacts as appropriate.
3. Handles linen and disposes of waste properly.
4. Demonstrates ability to care for residents on precautions.
5. Demonstrates knowledge of correct positioning/care of catheters
F. Role Responsibilities-Resident Dignity:
1. Addresses residents in a respectful manner.
2. Discusses confidential resident information in appropriate areas
3. Knocks on door prior to entering resident rooms, and maintains
resident privacy & dignity when providing treatments or other
G. Other Duties as Assigned by Shift Supervisor, Head Nurse and/or
Resident Care Coordinator.
Keywords: Humboldt House Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, Buffalo , LPN Staff Nurse, Healthcare , Buffalo, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!