RN - Regional Nurse Consultant - Western New York Region (WNY)
Company: Elderwood Administrative Services
Posted on: September 25, 2022
This job is located in Buffalo.Overview: Salary Range:
125,000-140,000Elderwood is currently seeking a transformational
leader to develop and expand nursing services for our Skilled
Nursing Facilities in the Western New York Region. The Regional
Nurse Consultant (RNC) will provide clinical oversight, in
conjunction with the Chief Nursing Officer (CNO), to a portfolio of
skilled nursing facilities in the states in which the company
operates. The individual will have and express a genuine interest
in caring for elderly patients and have experience in clinical
operations in long term and post-acute space. Join Our Team: Are
you ready to change your life with a rewarding career move ?
Employee Perks!: 401K Retirement Plan with Company Match, Generous
PTO & holiday package, Life Insurance, Medical, Dental, and Vision
insurance, Substantial employee referral program, Tuition
reimbursement program Responsibilities:
- Acts as a nurse mentor and advisor to facility leadership and
assist in Director of Nursing orientation, by being available for
consultation, keeping current with medical and nursing care
processes, keeping abreast of changes in health care delivery
systems and methods and providing information to community
leadership as indicated or requested.
- Travels as required to various facilities, conferences, and
meetings which may include overnight stays.
- Performs hours of work based on need and the amount of time
necessary to perform the job responsibilities including on-call and
- Provides onsite support with annual state and federal survey
- Knowledgeable of and assists with implementing state and
federal regulations and the company's policies and procedures.
- Assists with developing a plan of correction following a state
or federal survey in cooperation with facility leadership.
- Assists, as needed or requested, with development of adequate
staffing patterns and ratios in cooperation with facility
- Timely notifies the appropriate company leadership of events
which pose potential compliance and/or litigation risk. Assists
facility leadership with managing, investigating, or providing
follow-up education related to such events.
- Conducts mock survey audits and performs onsite review of
resident care and services on a routine basis and as requested, to
ensure compliance with state and federal regulations and company
policies and procedures. Provides a verbal and/or written report of
findings and recommendations for follow-up to the Administrator,
Director of Nursing and appropriate company leadership.
- Maintains effective communication with facility leadership by
reporting all observations while onsite to the Administrator and
Director of Nursing. Conducts entrance and exit conferences with
Administrator and/or Director of Nursing or designees during each
- Communicates routinely and effectively with the CNO, RDCS and
RDO regarding facility clinical performance, site visit schedules,
survey activity, events or other clinically relevant
- Assists with nurse recruitment and retention efforts as needed
or requested. Participates in the interview and selection process
for community nursing leadership positions as needed or
- Observes and emphasizes safety awareness and accident
prevention to facility staff.
- Reviews quality measures and quality data (CMS 5 Star, CASPER,
QM/QI, Quintile Reports, etc.), assists facility leadership with
development of performance improvement programs (PIPs), action
plans and review outcomes in relation to established
- Assists with developing and conducting ongoing training
programs for nursing and other staff in response to QAPI programs
to promote quality care and survey readiness at all times.
- Attends and participates facility QAPI Meetings and Risk
Meetings. Reviews quality measures and quality data, and QAPI
assist in development of organizational performance improvement
programs, action plans, PIPs, and review outcomes in relation to
established benchmarks. Notifies the CNO, RDCS, and RDO of any
concerns including failure to follow-up on recommendations.
- Participates in the creation, revision and updating of policies
and procedures in accordance with changes in standards of practice,
state, and federal regulations.
- Participates in appropriate, relevant healthcare associations
and professional organizations.
- Collaborates and coordinates with the company's business
partners including contracted consultants, vendors and other
healthcare providers and partners.
- Submits required reports to company leadership in an accurate
and timely manner.
- Pursues goals as established by the CNO on an annual basis.
Works in partnership with the regional team to reach goals, meet
targets, and deadlines for the mutual benefit and improvement of
the quality of the facility and company.
- Displays proficiency and ability to promote and teach the
- Participates in monthly operations meetings as scheduled.
- Acts as DON on a temporary basis when/if need arises. From: USD
- Current registration in good standing as a Registered Nurse
(RN) in state facilities assigned or ability and willingness to
- Demonstrated evidence and experience as Director of
- Operational experience in LTC and SNF
- Knowledge of state and federal LTC regulations
- Must have reliable transportation
- Proficiency in various computer programs, applications,
electronic communications, electronic medical records
- Degree in Nursing from accredited educational institution, BSN
- Regional Nurse Consultant experience preferred EOE Statement:
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are
considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental
or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national
origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status,
sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal,
State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the
Keywords: Elderwood Administrative Services, Buffalo , RN - Regional Nurse Consultant - Western New York Region (WNY), Healthcare , Buffalo, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!