Medical Assistant - Pulmonary
Company: General Physician, P.C.
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Job DescriptionGeneral Physician, P.C. is one of WNY's largest
and most respected multi-specialty medical groups! We are committed
to providing comprehensive, high-quality patient-centered care to
improve the overall quality in the lives of our patients.Currently
we are seeking a Medical Assistant (MA) for our Pulmonary office
located in Williamsville, NY! This is a full-time position,
scheduled Monday – Friday and includes Free Parking! No nights,
weekends, or holidays! We offer our Medical Assistants: Employees
are benefit eligible on the first of the month following their
start dateThis includes:
- Medical, dental, vision & much more
- Generous PTO and paid holidays
- Competitive salary
- 401(K) 3% employer contribution
- Verizon Wireless discount
- Uniforms provided Essential Duties of a Medical Assistant:The
primary purpose of this position is to perform clinical and
administrative duties that assist in patient care management.
- Verify patient information by recording medical history and
confirming purpose of visit.
- Prepare patients for examination by performing preliminary
physical tests such as, but not limited to, manual blood pressure,
height, weight, BMI and pulse and interview patient regarding
reason for visit.
- Conduct chart preparation following the Quality Checklist.
- Perform point of care testing, collect lab specimens, as
- Manage incoming documents and assist with the completion of
- Complete prior authorizations for medication and imaging
- Answer phones and route communication appropriately, schedule
appointments and document patient interaction in EMR system in a
- Manage the inventory of clinical supplies, stock, and clean
- Maintain safe, secure, and healthy work environment by
establishing and following standards and procedures, in accordance
with internal and legal regulations.
- Assist with examination and in-office treatment by handing
providers instruments and materials.
- Deliver exemplary customer service to provide a positive
patient experience across the organization.
- Perform other duties assigned by management. Minimum
Qualifications of a Medical Assistant:
- High School diploma, Certification for Medical Assistants from
an accredited facility preferred
- Proven work experience in healthcare facility preferred
- Strong clinical skills preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to
utilize computer programs General Physician, P.C. is proud to be AN
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered
for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or
physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national
origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status,
sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal,
State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the
Keywords: General Physician, P.C., Buffalo , Medical Assistant - Pulmonary, Healthcare , Buffalo, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!