Medical Assistant- Float
Company: Evergreen Health
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Job Description Evergreen Health The Medical Assistant performs
a wide variety of duties and responsibilities in a manner that
places emphasis on quality of care and customer service,
collaborating with medical staff to ensure a patient centered
approach to care. Essential functions of this role:
- They collaborate and support the team members to ensure a
patient-focused approach to care.
- Performs clerical duties that drive efficient patient
- Prepares patients for provider visits and/or procedures by
taking vital signs; accurately records medical history and
determines risk factors.
- Facilitates lab and diagnostic tests at the request of the
- Conducts a review of scheduled patient's charts to assist with
- Assists and prepares all paperwork on behalf of patients
including, but not limited to: prior authorizations for treatments
and prescriptions, patient benefits, entitlements, disability and
any other agency inquiries as assigned.
- Maintains exam rooms according to protocols. Cleans rooms and
equipment between patient exams to ensure patients' comfort and
compliance with infection control standards. Ensures all necessary
supplies are stocked and equipment is functioning properly.
- Thoroughly records information with the EMR to meet clinical
and agency requirements.
- Facilitates infection control through utilizing and maintaining
sterilization equipment per manufacturer's recommendation.
Responsible for autoclave testing and maintaining an autoclave test
- Maintains documentation of logs as appropriate.
- Assists in the evacuation of patients in the event of an
- Maintains compliance with patient medical records and
procedures and complies with all HIPAA standards.
- Actively strives to improve patient service delivery through
participation in QI/QA activities. Attends and participates in all
in-services and educational conferences provided by staff and
- Attends initial orientation and training, required annual
trainings, and other trainings to strengthen skills and improve
- Actively checks work emails, reads all company communications
and stays up to date with organizational and department specific
- duties as requested.Qualified Candidate will have a High school
diploma or equivalent, current valid CPR certification and one (1)
year of experience in a healthcare practice. Medical Assistant
Certification CMA (AAMA) strongly preferred. Familiarity with EMR
system (Medent) strong preferred. Candidate must t be able to
communicate clearly and professionally in writing and verbally,
demonstrate familiarity with computers and MS Office software
(Outlook, Word) and ability to multitask and work effectively in a
high-stress and fast-moving environment. Excellent customer service
skills required. Sensitivity to HIV/AIDS, addiction and LGBT issues
essential. Job Type: Full-time ,please note this position requires
the ability to "float" from site to site , possibly more than one
site in a day ( with mileage reimbursement). Required education:
High School Diploma (plus 1 year experience); OR Equivalent
combinationRequired experience: Experience working in a healthcare
practiceRequired certification: CPR; CMA (AAMA)
(preferred)Additional requirement(s): EMR (Medent) systems
(preferred).What Evergreen Health Offers You:
- Multiple comprehensive medical health insurance plans for you
to choose from
- Dental and Vision coverage at no cost to you
- Paid Time Off package that equals 4 weeks of time in your first
- 403b with a generous company match
- Paid parking or monthly metro pass
- Professional development opportunities
- Paid lunch breaks
Keywords: Evergreen Health, Buffalo , Medical Assistant- Float, Healthcare , Buffalo, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!