Medical Office Receptionist - ECMC
Company: General Physician, P.C.
Posted on: May 17, 2022
Job DescriptionGeneral Physician, P.C. is one of WNY's largest
and most respected multi-specialty medical groups! We are committed
to providing comprehensive, high-quality patient-centered care to
improve the overall quality in the lives of our patients.Currently
we are seeking a Medical Receptionist (Patient Services
Representative) for our offices inside ECMC Hospital! This is a
full-time position, scheduled Monday – Friday and includes Free
Parking! No nights, weekends, or holidays!Now Hiring Receptionists
for the following offices:
- Wound CareWe offer our Receptionists: Employees are benefit
eligible on the first of the month following their start dateThis
- Medical, dental, vision & much more
- Generous PTO and paid holidays
- Competitive salary
- 401(K) 3% employer contribution
- Verizon Wireless discount
- Uniforms provided
- Employee engagement programs
- Annual merit increases Essential Duties of a Receptionists:The
primary purpose of this position is to serve as the initial point
of contact with patients and family members thru administrative
duties such as check in, check out and scheduling of appointments
to help ensure efficient operations and patient flow.
- Perform check in duties such as verify patient demographics and
insurance eligibility, process appropriate authorization forms,
collect co-payments and follow specific service line
- Complete patient pre-registration by verifying insurance
eligibility and contacting patients with questions/concerns,
reviewing patient financial responsibility, and chart preparation
following the Quality Checklist.
- Check out patients upon appointment completion, schedule follow
up appointments and procedures, provide proper paperwork and relay
necessary information to patient.
- Answer phones and route communication appropriately, schedule
appointments and document patient interaction in EMR system in a
- Manage incoming mail and fax documents in accordance with
company policy, process medical record requests and referrals.
- Process end-of-day reconciliation of cash and credit card
- Perform general office duties such as document preparation,
scanning and filing.
- Maintain the cleanliness of patient waiting room and ensure
proper notification is made regarding timeliness of
- Maintain safe, secure, and healthy work environment by
establishing and following standards and procedures, in accordance
with internal and legal regulations.
- Deliver exemplary customer service to provide a positive
patient experience across the organization.
- Perform other duties assigned by management Minimum
Qualifications of a Receptionists:
- High school diploma required; two-year college degree
- Proven work experience in healthcare facility and/or strong
customer service experience preferred
- Knowledge of insurance and medical terminology
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to
utilize computer programs General Physician, P.C. is proud to be AN
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered
for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or
physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national
origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status,
sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal,
State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the
Keywords: General Physician, P.C., Buffalo , Medical Office Receptionist - ECMC, Healthcare , Buffalo, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!