TNA: Temporary Nurse Aide - CNA Track Training Track (full Time)
Company: Elderwood at Lancaster
Posted on: May 15, 2022
This job is located in Lancaster.Join Our Team: Are you looking
for a new start? A great opportunity awaits with Elderwood!
Overview:Are you a nursing student or former CNA, HHA or PCA? Have
you always been a caretaker by nature? This is an opportunity to
make a difference (and a pay check), up close and personal, helping
to take care of loved ones at Elderwood at Lancaster.
The Temporary Nurse Aide Track provides accelerated training and
mentorship that will allow you to perform specific tasks with our
resident population. While this role is listed as temporary, we
will provide you with the opportunity to continue on to our Nurse
Aide Training Program to become a CNA.
Temporary Nurse Aide (TNA) position Overview:
- TNA team members assist with ensuring the health and well-being
of our residents by providing direct nursing and personal care
support. This position is responsible for assisting residents with
all aspects of Daily Living Activities ensuring that the highest
degree of quality resident care is maintained at all times. The TNA
position is established by the designated facility as a temporary
measure and shall be implemented only in accordance with
state/federal permission, waiver and mandates.
- Will lead to CNA certificationCertified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
- Elderwood at Lancaster's CNA Training course will last for
three weeks, Monday to Friday from 8:00am-4:00pm (times may vary
slightly) PLUS a test date with Prometric.
- Until the training class starts, you will work and train as a
TNA and designated on particular shift.
- Once you pass, your status (and pay) will be adjusted from
Temporary Nurse Aide to CNA.
- Elderwood will pay for the CNA certification test as well as
any applicable onboarding requirements, including but not limited
to PPD and Physical for eligible candidates.Employee Perks!: 401K
Retirement Plan with Company Match, Clean, Neat & Newly Renovated
Facility, Close to thruway entrances/exits, Conveniently located on
a bus route, Free On-Site Parking, Free Uniforms, Generous PTO &
holiday package, Life Insurance, Medical, Dental, and Vision
insurance, NEW Weekly Pay Schedule!, Quiet suburban neighborhood,
Substantial employee referral program, Truly make a difference in
our residents' lives while providing top notch care, Tuition
reimbursement program, Uniform Provided Responsibilities:
- Transport residents or accompanies ambulatory residents as
assigned to various locations in the building including the dining
room, activity program areas, therapy or treatment areas.
- Make unoccupied resident beds, as assigned.
- Assist in the Dining Room with food service to residents, under
the direction of licensed therapy staff; duties include passing
trays, cutting meat, opening cartons or other containers.
- Distribute supplemental nourishments to residents who do not
need to be fed, as directed.
- Conduct informal activities on the nursing unit when time
permits, as directed.
- Supply fresh water in resident's rooms, as directed.
- Prepare bed and bedwear of resident's at hour of sleep, as
- Help keep general areas of the assigned nursing unit neat and
orderly, as directed.
- Clean resident's equipment (wheelchair/geri chair, bed, etc.),
- Keep the rooms of residents orderly, as assigned.
- Notify therapist of any unusual incidents regarding
- Sixteen (16) years of age required; high school diploma or
- Employment Certificate/Permit required for 16-17 years of
- No findings or convictions of resident abuse, mistreatment and
misappropriation of property through any current or previous
Elderwood expects all current and new employees to be vaccinated
against COVID-19. If hired, you will be required to provide proof
of vaccination. Employees may request a medical or religious
exemption from vaccination.EOE Statement: WE ARE AN EQUAL
OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for
positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical
disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age,
genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual
orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal,
State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the
Keywords: Elderwood at Lancaster, Buffalo , TNA: Temporary Nurse Aide - CNA Track Training Track (full Time), Healthcare , Alden, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!