Company: LGI SERVICES LLC
Posted on: January 15, 2022
GuildCare, an innovative community-based Adult Day Health Care
Program, seeks a full time Social Worker to work with our
multidisciplinary team in its Niagara Falls location. We provide
services to adults with chronic medical conditions and vision
impairments. Applicants must have a Master's degree from an
accredited program in Social Work. Prior counselling experience
required. Must be proficient in Microsoft based programs with
strong communication skills. Must have a good working knowledge of
local community based services, the NYS Medicaid System, The DOH
Universal Assessment system and experience in obtaining services
through waivered and/or managed Medicaid plans. Experience working
with the elderly and/or disabled population, prior experience in
Long Term Care, Community Health, or in Adult Day Health Care
- Interviews prospective registrants and obtains data required
for the admissions process.
- Completes a psychosocial assessment for each registrant based
upon history, interviews with registrant and family/collateral
sources and reports from referring agencies.
- Develops and implements social work treatment plans for all
registrants. Re-evaluates psychosocial needs periodically and
revises treatment plans as needed.
- Using individual family group, or group modalities, provides
counseling services to registrants and families.
- Provides advocacy, concrete services and information and
referral as needed.
- Tracks authorizations from managed care organizations and
requests when due.
- Leads topical discussion groups and appropriate therapeutic
- Provides discharge planning and proper referral and/or
- Serves as consultant to other staff regarding
psychosocial/mental health issues.
- May supervise social work students and/or volunteers.
- .Completes all required records and reports on a timely
- Attends all required staff meetings and conferences.
- Works with other team members to foster interdisciplinary
understanding, cooperation and a unified treatment approach.
- .Along with all other GuildCare staff, performs general
assistance tasks on a regular basis as assigned by program
director. These include: escorting registrants throughout the
space, including to and from the restroom, assisting with
transportation, serving meals, cleaning up from meals as needed,
and filling in for absent coworkers.
- Responsible for maintaining confidentiality of registrant
protected Health information.
- Responsible for following the LGI Workforce security policy;
will access information systems and ePHI authorized by Clinical
- Observes and implements the Registrant's Bill of
- 403 (b)
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Agency Website: https://www.lighthouseguild.org/
We offer a competitive salary and benefit package.
Keywords: LGI SERVICES LLC, Buffalo , Social Worker, Healthcare , Buffalo, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!