Company: Oak Orchard Health
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Description:The LPN will work as a member of the Clinical Care
Team, assisting medical providers in direct patient care and
maintaining processes that result in efficient, high quality
nursing and medical care.Job Responsibilities:
- Maintains patient flow by preparing patients for their visits
with providers. Assists Providers in responding to patient needs
related to medications, lab results, procedures,
preventative/health maintenance measures.
- Perform pre-visit planning: Utilize software tools (eg Azara)
and chart review to anticipate health maintenance, preventive and
chronic care needs of each day's scheduled patients and assess
where acute visits may be accommodated; Huddles as needed with
providers, care managers and other care team members (Patient
- Room/Prepare patients for provider visit:height/weight, vitals,
med reconciliation, verify allergies, social history/smoking
status, verify pharmacy, prepare refills; Follow health maintenance
and chronic care protocols and enter as appropriate into
chart/alert provider/provide to patient (eg mammogram req,
colonoscopy referrals, FIT test kits); Set up room/prepare patient
as appropriate for procedures/examinations; chaperone visit as
needed; prepare consent forms, screening forms, smartforms,
paperwork as needed.
- Performs in-house labs (lead, cholesterol, strep tests, urine,
pregnancy tests, hemoglobin a1c) and procedures (eg EKG, peak flow
meter) in accordance with standard nursing practice and/or health
maintenance/chronic care protocols.
- Prepare lab specimens to be sent to the lab (DrugScan, biopsy,
- Provide age and patient appropriate screenings (eg
Hearing/vision screening, PAM/Patient Activation Measure) and
document/report as appropriate.
- Medication refill requests: review medlist/chart/dosing, check
I-STOP (Prescription Monitoring System), load into EHR field for
- Administer vaccines, injections, PPDs in accordance with
standard nursing protocols and document appropriately (including
- Answer and document phone calls from patients, pharmacies,
etc.in accordance with HIPAA regulations.
- Provide nurse visits for patients: eg, blood pressure checks,
allergy injections, vaccines and correctly and consistently
reassign nurse visits to that day's appropriate on site
- Clean exam rooms between each patient and as necessary.
- Stock exam rooms consistently and appropriately to maintain
efficiency, quality and safety for patients and staff.
- Preload new patient clinical chart information/history:
Immunizations, Medications, Problem Lists, Past
- Complete paperwork as needed for Providers/patients.
- Initiates and completes all parts of medication
prior-authorization requests based on insurance requirements.
- Perform family medicine/pediatric ED recalls.
- Perform machine/POCT controls in accordance with manufacturer
- Accept deliveries/orders and put supplies away.
- Document refrigerator/freezer temps twice a day.
- Check expiration dates: injections, medications, samples,
instruments and supplies.
- Sanitize instruments after using.
- Monthly job duties (specific to each nurse).
- Maintain accurate and pertinent documentation in EHR according
to guidelines in "Documentation of the Patient Record".
- Adhere to center infection control policies.
- Keep work area neat and tidy.
- Actively participate in QAPI activities.
- Participate in monthly nursing staff meetings and any other
staff meetings within the organization.
- Maintain current Relias training.
- Adhere to all Oak Orchard policies and procedures.
- Any other reasonable requests from management..
Requirements:Skills / Qualifications
- Ability to work with a diverse patient population
- Experience with EMR systems
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to communicate both written and verballyRequired
Education and Experience:
- Graduate of an accredited program for Licensed Practical Nurse
with a current valid license to practice nursing in New York
- One year of experience in a nursing role.
Keywords: Oak Orchard Health, Buffalo , LPN, Healthcare , Warsaw, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!