Temporary Nurse Aide (TNA) - CNA Track
Company: Elderwood at Amherst
Posted on: November 18, 2021
This job is located in Amherst.Join Our Team: Are you looking
for a new start? A great opportunity awaits with Elderwood!
Overview: Have you always been a caretaker by nature? Perhaps you
are a nursing student, former CNA, HHA or PCA? This is an
opportunity to make a difference (and a pay check), up close and
personal, helping to take care of loved ones at Elderwood at
Amherst.The Support Aide to CNA Track provides insight into the
direct care role, as well as training and mentorship that will
allow you to perform specific tasks with our resident population.
Apply as a Support Aide and be slotted into the next Temporary
Nurse Aide Training (TNA) and then the subsequentNurse Aide
Training Program to become a CNA.NEXT CLASS is scheduled for End of
October (subject to change based on instructor and classroom
availability) We will ensure you're slotted into a training within
90 days of coming on as a Support Aide.Support Aide position
- The Support Aide team members assist with ensuring the health
and well-being of our residents by providing resident-related
support services. Interest in entry into the 100 hour Nurse Aide
Training Program will be evaluated during this time for team
members pursuing certification.Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
- Elderwood's CNA Training course will last for three weeks,
Monday to Friday from 8:30a-4:30p.
- First two weeks are classroom training at Gerard Place (on
Bailey Ave in Buffalo, NY); third week will be clinicals at a local
Elderwood Skilled Nursing Facility (to be determined)
- Once you pass, your status (and pay) will be adjusted from
Support Aide to CNA.
- Elderwood will pay for the CNA certification test as well as
any applicable onboarding requirements, including but not limited
to PPD and Physical for eligible candidates.
- Training is PAID - you will be clocked in as a Support Aide
during training hours and get paid while you train. Employee
Perks!: 401K Retirement Plan with Company Match, Clean, Neat &
Newly Renovated Facility, Close to thruway entrances/exits,
Conveniently located on a bus route, Free On-Site Parking, Free
Uniforms, Generous PTO & holiday package, Life Insurance, Medical,
Dental, and Vision insurance, NEW Weekly Pay Schedule!, Quiet
suburban neighborhood, Substantial employee referral program, Truly
make a difference in our residents' lives while providing top notch
care, Tuition reimbursement program, Uniform Provided
- Transport residents or accompanies ambulatory residents as
assigned to various locations in the building including the dining
room, activity program areas, therapy or treatment areas.
- Make unoccupied resident beds, as assigned.
- Assist in the Dining Room with food service to residents, under
the direction of licensed therapy staff; duties include passing
trays, cutting meat, opening cartons or other containers.
- Distribute supplemental nourishments to residents who do not
need to be fed, as directed.
- Conduct informal activities on the nursing unit when time
permits, as directed.
- Supply fresh water in resident's rooms, as directed.
- Prepare bed and bedwear of resident's at hour of sleep, as
- Help keep general areas of the assigned nursing unit neat and
orderly, as directed.
- Clean resident's equipment (wheelchair/geri chair, bed, etc.),
- Keep the rooms of residents orderly, as assigned.
- Notify therapist of any unusual incidents regarding residents.
- Sixteen (16) years of age required; high school diploma or
- Employment Certificate/Permit required for 16-17 years of
- No findings or convictions of resident abuse, mistreatment and
misappropriation of property through any current or previous
licensing agency.Elderwood expects all current and new employees to
be vaccinated against COVID-19. If hired, you will be required to
provide proof of vaccination.Employees may request a medical or
religious exemption from vaccination. EOE Statement: WE ARE AN
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered
for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or
physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national
origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status,
sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal,
State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the
Keywords: Elderwood at Amherst, Buffalo , Temporary Nurse Aide (TNA) - CNA Track, Healthcare , Bowmansville, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!