Nursing Home Rehab Aide
Company: Centers Health Care
Posted on: February 24, 2021
Rehab Aide / Department Assistant
Ellicot Center is actively seeking a Full-Time Rehab Aide to work
as a team member in the therapy department at our Skilled Nursing
Facility in Buffalo, NY.
The Rehab Aide assists in the delivery of rehabilitation services
under the supervision and direction of rehabilitation personnel
within the disciplines of Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy
and Speech-Language Pathology as allowed by state and federal
- Assists in direct therapy service provision by carrying out
delegated, selected patient-related tasks under the direct
supervision of a therapist allowed by state and federal law.
- Transports patients/residents to and from the therapy
department safely and efficiently. Transportation responsibilities
include: advancing to the next resident if the previous resident is
not ready (notifying therapist when returning to department),
ensuring that resident's feet are on the footrests when applicable,
ensuring resident is incorrect wheelchair by checking name tag on
the back of the wheelchair, ensuring appropriate seat belt or seat
alarm is in place, ensuring oxygen tanks have sufficient oxygen and
notify the nursing and /or therapy when low, transports one
resident at a time, and upon completion of therapy session returns
resident to the unit, nursing station or dining room if requested.
Do not return the resident to their rooms unattended unless
- Escorts independently ambulatory residents to the
rehabilitation department when requested.
- Provides additional physical help for patient transfer and
safety needs under the direct supervision of a therapist or
therapist assistant. Assistants do not perform clinical tasks
reserved for licensed therapists or therapist assistants.
- Maintains cleanliness and safety of the rehabilitation
department's physical environment and assigned equipment.
- Oversees the maintenance of equipment in accordance with
infection control safety guidelines.
- Responsible for maintenance and replenishment of daily needs of
clean linen and other commonly used items. Returns used/soiled
linens to housekeeping per facility protocol.
- Completes assigned clerical duties, such as computer data
entry, photocopying, filing, answering the phone, retrieval of
therapy-related documentation and other paperwork.
- Maintains a record of equipment maintenance and cleaning
schedule as assigned by the therapist manager/s.
- Performs routine inventory and informs the Therapist Manager/s
of stock replenishment needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
- Participates in quality improvement activities as assigned by
the Therapist Manager and/or Corporate Director of
- Responsible for service and operational excellence of all
assigned activities to ensure the delivery of quality services
required to meet or exceed the expectations of patients/residents,
families, caregivers and customers.
- Exhibits courtesy, compassion, and respect to patients,
residents, families, caregivers, visitors, physicians,
administrators, and co-workers.
- Adheres to established confidentiality standards, including but
not limited to HIPPA regulations and internal company policies.
- High school diploma or equivalent. One year of experience in a
health care setting preferred.
- Able to write and understands English, possesses basic computer
- Ability to function effectively in multi-faceted systems and to
interact effectively with all levels of staff and customers.
- Demonstrates good organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates the ability to perform basic math skills (i.e.
add, subtract, multiply, and divide).
- Demonstrates the ability to perform basic mechanical skills
(i.e. use of a screwdriver, wrench, pliers).
- Interested in assisting those in need, and enjoy working with
- Buffalo, NY
Ellicott Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing is a 160-bed
rehabilitation and skilled nursing facility located in New York's
beautiful Buffalo, New York. Our size enables a warm, nurturing
environment, which allows each resident to maintain his/her
individuality. Our staff is committed to ensuring the highest
quality of life for all our residents, by maintaining each
resident's dignity and independence. At Ellicott Center, we offer
premium compensation, a comprehensive benefits package,
professional growth & stability, innovative training programs, and
more. Ellicott Center is a proud member of the Centers Health Care
Centers Health Care is a fully integrated post-acute care continuum
offering rehabilitation and skilled nursing services in more than
45 locations covering four states. In addition, we provide special
services including in-center and home dialysis, ventilator care,
and care for those with Alzheimer's. The Centers Health Care family
offers Skilled Nursing, Urgent Care, Managed Care, Renal Dialysis
Services, Clinical Laboratory Services, Adult Day Health Care, and
Assisted Living services, as well as every level of Home Care.
Centers is well known for our commitment to our employees, offering
outstanding ongoing training and development, career advancement
opportunities, competitive pay rates, generous compensation
packages and more.
Equal Opportunity Employer -M/F/D/V
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Centers Health Care, Buffalo , Nursing Home Rehab Aide, Healthcare , Buffalo, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!