Fitness Manager/ Personal Training Manager
Company: Crunch Fitness
Posted on: November 11, 2019
**MUST HAVE AT LEAST ONE PERSONAL TRAINING CERTIFICATION,
EXPERIENCE WORKING AS A TRAINER AT A COMMERCIAL OR PRIVATE FITNESS
The Fitness Manager (FM) is responsible for ensuring a positive
customer experience both personally and through Personal Trainer
supervision. FM's are responsible for delivering great member
service and personal training & supplement revenue. As needed, they
address member issues, employee relations issues, and oversee
scheduling and time-keeping activities. On a regular basis, they
communicate and enforce Company and Club policies and procedures.
FM's are responsible for the successful attainment of revenue goals
pertaining to personal training and supplements. This position is
an exempt salaried position. ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:1)
Sell and Conduct Personal Training with Members:
- Works the floor to assist members and encourages their
involvement in personal training.
- Ensures accurate administration of client programs, including
dotFIT programs, supplement purchases, measurement tracking and
workout programs. Arrives on time, prepared and attentive for
- Assists in all revenue generating activities, including but not
limited to: complimentary workouts, supplement booths, body fat
tables, seminars, workshops, etc.
- Personally sells training sessions. Executes an effective
prospecting strategy, conducts guest tours, and assumes
responsibility for completing sales of staff when needed through
the Turn-Over process.
- Responsible for achieving monthly revenue objectives set forth
by the Company with regards to PT and supplements.
- Reviews daily club sales performance and individual employee
performance statistics with the DFM, RDF, VP and staff members to
identify issues and clarify behaviors needed to achieve club sales
- Administers Company policies as they relate to the sales
process. 2) Club Administration:
- Ensures Trainers are productive, that revenue and service goals
are properly communicated and that the Club remains on-track to
attain daily, weekly and monthly financial goals. Sets monthly,
weekly and daily goals and objectives, which are consistent with or
above those of the Company. Conducts monthly, weekly and daily
meetings with the Personal Trainers to review performance and
operations, as well as offer direction, motivation and guidance
toward achieving personal and club goals.
- Handles member service matters, such as providing tours of the
Club, explaining services offered by the PT Department and signing
members up for training agreements and appointments. Mediates
member issues and complaints in a timely and effective manner,
elevating issues when appropriate.
- Performs various administrative and housekeeping duties within
assigned areas as needed.
- Alerts the Operations staff to repairs and maintenance needs in
the club. Personally conducts facility walk-through daily.
- Supervises Trainer sales activities. Reviews agreements and
prepares daily paperwork.
- Complies with operational procedures in the club and follows up
with compliance checks through the monitoring of club systems and
employee performance. ORGANIZATION RELATIONSHIPS: The FM will
report directly to the DFM, RDF and/or VP. The FM will communicate
and enforce all Policy and Procedures with the PT Team. Duties
require interaction with all club members and employees. REQUIRED
QUALIFICATIONS:1) Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- In depth knowledge of Personal Training techniques from
assessment to program design.
- Possesses a working knowledge of the dotFIT program and
- Must be able to operate and adjust all Fitness equipment.
- Knowledge of company policies, practices and procedures,
including emergency and safety procedures.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Able to
demonstrate and maintain a friendly, enthusiastic and positive
- Possesses a strong customer service focus. Responds
professionally to requests and inquiries from guests, members and
- Understands and follows oral and written instructions.
Communicates clearly and concisely.
- Possesses strong organizational skills. Understands basic
record keeping practices and procedures. Demonstrates the ability
to organize and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Experienced in operating office equipment such as computers,
calculators, fax and photocopiers.
- Must be computer proficient, with basic skills in Microsoft
Word and Excel. 2) Minimum certifications/educational level:
- Current dotFIT certification
- Current CPR
- Certification from organization recognized by Crunch
- High school diploma or GED.
- Four-year degree in a related field recognized by Crunch
(preferred, not required) 3) Minimum experience:
- Minimum 1 year of related experience.
- Experience in management/employee relations preferred. 4)
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to stand.
- Physical effort required for daily duties include lifting heavy
weights, squatting, bending, reaching, spotting, and prolonged
standing and walking. Must be able to frequently lift and/or move
up to 45+ lbs.
Keywords: Crunch Fitness, Buffalo , Fitness Manager/ Personal Training Manager, Executive , Buffalo, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!