President, Travel Hospitality
Company: Delaware North
Posted on: November 10, 2019
Our Exciting Work Environment This position will be based out of
Delaware North's new global headquarters, a state-of-the-art,
12-story, mixed-use building in downtown Buffalo, N.Y. The
headquarters facility, reflective of our values, integrates the
latest advances in environmental, energy conservation and office
The Opportunity The President, Travel Hospitality (THS) provides
direct leadership to develop global business strategy, sustain
growth and profitable global operations while effectively
positioning brand with relevant constituencies and sustaining
investment, engagement and development of organization talent.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Drives profitable growth, effective investment in the current
and potential contracts/assets on a global basis and ensures
long-term vitality of the business via strategy and effective
- Shapes and champions the vision and strategy for the THS
business with particular focus on major revenue and profit streams,
client and consumer requirements as well as new business
opportunities, product and concept innovations and competitive
- Sets, recommends and implements business strategy, short- and
long-term objectives and goals; develops presents and accomplishes
approved annual plan and provides leadership for senior team
ensuring plans cascade throughout organization for both domestic
and international operations
- Leverages resources to ensure effective positioning of Delaware
North and THS brand both in domestic and international
- Steers and implements changes, refrains self and others from
accepting status quo.
- Knows the business model, business drivers and mission,
critical technical and functional skills needed to do the job at
various levels in management of the organization; learns business
practices, operating methods and technologies easily.
- Makes leadership decisions including all issues related to the
effective capital expenditures and investment, business operations,
talent and human resources and contract/asset acquisition,
retention and new revenue streams as it regards THS. Makes
independent decisions created by adverse and complex
- Takes a balanced view on contentious issues in the best
interest of THS and Delaware North. Resolves issues with a 'whole
of the company' impact.
- Participates in enterprise-level issues strategy,
opportunities, decisions and support as a member of the Delaware
North leadership team.
- Builds rapport with people and establish relationships while
moving towards problem resolution. Uses persuasion and rationale to
gain buy-in and commitment to a proposed course of action. Asks the
right questions to get issues on the table and ensure that ideas
are heard and considered. Works towards consensus by establishing
shared goals and win-win solutions.
- Drives profitable and effective operations, strategies and
initiatives to ensure relevant and innovative product and service
delivery in all properties.
- Establishes effective business model and organization structure
to deliver results in all geographies.
- Establishes overarching plans and oversees all facets of
business model as leader of senior management team for THS.
- Positions the organization to remain competitive or market
- Ensures effective use of enterprise and subsidiary/geography
shared services in delivering business results for THS.
- Communicates effectively at the executive level (both in
written and oral forms) using appropriate language in a clear and
concise manner with organized and coherent messages. Conveys an air
of confidence and ease.
- Develops long-terms strategies based on qualitative and
quantitative analysis that move the business to desired profit and
competitive state. Ensures short-term and long-term implementation
plans are in place and executed to support strategy. Allocates
resources, considers roadblocks and enables operational
- Goes after a goal with intensity and gets the intended
outcomes. Uses fewer than expected resources while still delivering
high-quality results. Stresses the importance of achieving results
while avoiding the implication that results should be achieved at
all costs. Compliance
- Ensures THS has systems and controls, policy and processes are
in place to achieve enterprise and legislative regulatory
requirements including financial, human resources, operating,
technology etc Relationship Management
- Builds and maintains key relationships with clients, partners,
political communities and industry to ensure THS is positioned
effectively in the market place.
- Builds long-term strategic relationships with clients/customers
and keeps the client/customer (internal and external) in the
forefront of their thinking at all times. "Takes the heat" for
client/customer issues and gives their personal commitment to
satisfactorily resolving the issues without over committing.
- Reads people and situations accurately and maneuvers well to
get things done; politically aware and agile; knows the right thing
to do and presents views well POSITION REQUIREMENTS
Education: An undergraduate degree is preferred. Relevant Master's
Degree in Business or related field or equivalent experience.
- Executive/Senior Management role (10 years' experience);
industry experience preferred (Hospitality/Entertainment/Food and
- Professional with a minimum of 15 years of management
experience in hospitality or related service industry.
- Experience in areas including restaurants,
- Experience leading/managing in a large Public or Private
Company is preferred (i.e., $300 million in revenue or larger)
Travel: 50% -75%, including nights and weekends
Who We Are Take your career beyond the ordinary-to the
At Delaware North, you'll love where you work, who you work with,
and how your day unfolds. Whether it's in sporting venues, casinos,
airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants,
there's no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We
empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of
success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the
thrill of making things happen - share our vision, grow with
Delaware North is one of the largest privately held hospitality
companies in the world. Founded in 1915 and owned by the Jacobs
family for more than 100 years, Delaware North has global
operations at high-profile places such as sports and entertainment
venues, national and state parks, destination resorts and
restaurants, airports, and regional casinos. Our 55,000 employee
associates are dedicated to creating special experiences one guest
at a time in serving more than a half-billion guests annually.
Delaware North operates in the sports, travel hospitality,
restaurant and catering, parks, resorts, gaming, and specialty
retail industries and has annual revenue of about $3 billion. Learn
more about Delaware North, a global leader in hospitality, at .
All applicants will be subject to a pre-employment background check
and may be subject to a pre-employment drug test depending upon the
position and/or client requirements.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries
consider applicants for all positions without regard to race,
color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability,
marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally
protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity
Keywords: Delaware North, Buffalo , President, Travel Hospitality, Executive , Buffalo, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!