Human Resources Manager - Buffalo, NY
Company: General Mills
Posted on: September 13, 2019
General Mills is reshaping the future of food. We believe food
makes us better. It nourishes our bodies, brings us joy and
connects us to each other. As one of the world's leading food
companies, General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and
markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Nature
Valley, Betty Crocker, Yoplait, Annie's Homegrown, Old El Paso,
Epic Provisions, Blue Buffalo and more. Are you passionate about
the future of food? You've come to the right table. We want the
very best talent to help lead something big.
At General Mills, Human Resources is a strategic business partner,
adding value through exceptional HR practices that enable our
company to win and our employees to maximize their full potential.
We drive winning results for the organization through building
competitively superior talent, agile organizations, world class
capabilities that unleash performance, and a distinctive and
undeniable culture worldwide. We are driven to be the premiere HR
organization in the world.
We are seeking a Human Resources Manager for our multi-platform
manufacturing facility in Buffalo, NY. Buffalo is a multi-platform
union facility with 400 employees leading the safe, high quality
production of a wide range of products for the Cereal and
Convenience & Foodservice (Flour) operating units. The Cereal plant
has 4 processing system and 8 packing lines and the Flour plant has
4 Mills and 2 packing lines.
Human Resources Managers at General Mills possess a strong business
mindset and exceptional partnership skills--which they rely upon to
develop strategies for an innovative, flexible, and dynamic
organization. The HR Manager role owns all business partner
accountabilities including: career development, performance
management, and retention for employees. The HR Manager is
responsible for leading the site's positive Employee Relations
strategy and ensuring a culture of engaged employees. Additionally,
our Manufacturing organization is going through a large
transformation and the HR Manager will be a critical role to enable
this priority through key focus areas like organizational design,
employee career progression, recruiting, staffing and capability
In this role you will provide HR leadership to the site,
* Serve as a member of the site leadership team, partnering with
cross functional leaders to drive business performance using
business acumen, strong HR knowledge, and change management
* Manage the HR department with direct reports such as HR Business
Associates, HR Assistants, and Learning & Development
* Lead significant culture change as part of a journey to increase
manufacturing performance through process improvement with our
manufacturing transformation initiative. This role will be the
Organization Pillar Owner for the entire site, responsible for
training peers and other team members on organization activities
and leading the overall Organization Master Plan strategies.
* Develop the capability of our plant operators through employee
development, process improvement and work system evolution
* Partner with the Plant Manager to develop a high performing site
leadership team and engaging leaders at all levels.
* Lead key HR initiatives in support of the organization including
positive employee relations, workforce planning, succession
planning and staffing.
* Lead HR initiatives in partnership with HR COE specialists (i.e.
Recruiting, Diversity & Inclusion, Compensation, Change
* Provide individual coaching needs and identify training and
development needs for teams
* Create a positive employee relations environment through close
engagement and interaction with all employees across the site
* Bachelor's degree required
* 5 years of related work experience required
* 3-5 years of direct experience as an organizational practitioner
of Continuous Improvement methods & processes preferred
* Experience leading and supporting strategic initiatives,
influencing others, and driving results and significant change
* Previous people management experience
* Previous plant/manufacturing experience
* Masters in Human Resources/Industrial Relations or MBA
* 5-7+ yrs experience
* Proven experience working within a global function/matrix highly
* Strong data & analytics orientation
General Mills is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Women,
minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are
encouraged to apply to any General Mills employment opportunities.
Keywords: General Mills, Buffalo , Human Resources Manager - Buffalo, NY, Executive , Buffalo, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!