Manager of Data Analytics
Company: Delaware North
Posted on: August 15, 2019
The Opportunity Job Description
Our Ideal Manager of Advanced Analytics will possess a solid
leadership acumen and the strong ability to direct and oversee the
corporate data science program. The department supports all
subsidiaries and senior executives through development of reporting
and advanced analytics including predictive modeling for driving
the organization's objectives and vision.
What Great Looks Like
You'll leverage your skills to provide leadership and support using
data science and advanced analytics modelling to provide insights,
automate business actions, and improve the speed and quality of
core decisions executed across the enterprise.
The role provides expertise in predictive and prescriptive
statistical modeling, including: standards and processes to prepare
and explore data; design, build, and implement models; and evaluate
and report model performance.
Our culture of working collaboratively, cross-functionally, using
new technologies combined with the work/life balance provided by
Delaware North are core reasons people enjoy working on the Data
Core Objectives Include:
- Advanced Analytics - Oversee development of data analysis
methodologies for targeting high yield opportunities through
improved efficiencies of marketing, financial and operational
- BI Reporting - Oversee design, development and implementation
of BI platforms for trending or analysis that highlights
performance indicators for operational management.
- Standardized Reporting Metrics - Lead the design, developments,
review of measurements, execution of reports and analytics
necessary to support high yield operational initiatives for each of
the subsidiaries. Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- Communicates strategy and analytic results to subsidiary
leaders in an actionable way. This includes directing a team of
data scientists and analysts in support of the company's
- Advocate and facilitate analytical projects and the use of
predictive and prescriptive models (marketing optimization,
inventory forecasting, risk management, compliance, performance
management, revenue optimization, etc.)
- Oversee development while providing expertise on data science
tools, techniques and methodologies; e .g., regression, decision
tree, time series, neural network, clustering, dimensional
reduction, text analytics). Collaborate with and mentor division
analysts & data scientists to increase data science usage in their
- Review KPI measurements of operational initiatives with
aligning corporate and subsidiary business strategy.
- Establish and document modeling standards and processes,
including: identify and define problem, and design approach;
prepare, explore, transform, and select data; build, validate, and
deploy model; and monitor and evaluate results. Innovate new ways
of problem solving that draw from best practices and innovations
from other industries
- Coordination of A/B or multivariate tests and other continual
process improvement initiatives related to both marketing
campaigns, operational initiatives, new business development to
stimulate best practices throughout the enterprise.
- Well-informed of current and emerging trends in advanced
analytics, including: statistics, data analysis, machine learning,
data mining, and data management. Apply and transfer knowledge
Skills & Qualifications:
- We are seeking a candidate with a Master's degree in Marketing,
Finance, Mathematics, Statistics or related, with 10+ years of
experience in quantitative roles.
- 5+ years of SAS, R, Python, or other related languages.
- Prior management experience in an analytic based
- Experience with data warehousing and BI toolsets required.
- Experience with business requirements development and
deployment of SAS, Cognos, Oracle or other statistical software
- Experience with AWS Environment, Redshift, Jupiter Notebook a
- Must be able to travel 10 - 15% as required.
- Experience working in an agile environment and collaborating
with the team to solve technical challenges using rapid and
- Superior communication skills with the ability to work directly
with business partners.
- Authorized to work in the US without sponsorship now or in the
future. Preferred Qualifications:
- 10+ years of hospitality analytics
- Knowledge of fundamental marketing concepts such as
positioning, segmentation, consumer behavior, etc. understanding of
complex digital ecosystems and metrics available for collection and
- Knowledge of time series models, segmentation techniques,
marketing response models, etc. Who We Are Take your career beyond
the ordinary-to the extraordinary.
At Delaware North, you'll love where you work, who you work with,
and how your day unfolds. Whether it's in sporting venues, casinos,
airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants,
there's no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We
empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of
success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the
thrill of making things happen - share our vision, grow with
Delaware North is one of the largest and most admired,
privately-held hospitality companies in the world. Founded and
owned by the Jacobs family for nearly 100 years, it is a global
leader in hospitality and food service with operations in the
sports, travel hospitality, restaurants and catering, parks,
resorts, gaming and specialty retail industries. Delaware North has
annual revenue exceeding $3 billion with 60,000 employee
associates. To learn more, visit .
All applicants may be subject to a pre-employment background and/or
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries
consider applicants for all positions without regard to race,
color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability,
marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally
protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity
Keywords: Delaware North, Buffalo , Manager of Data Analytics, Executive , Buffalo, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!