Vice President, Category Management
Company: Delaware North
Posted on: August 14, 2019
Our Exciting Work Environment This position will be based out of
Delaware North's new global headquarters, a state-of-the-art,
12-story, mixed-use building in downtown Buffalo, N.Y. The
headquarters facility, reflective of our values, integrates the
latest advances in environmental, energy conservation and office
The Opportunity Leads a category management procurement department
team responsible for direct spend; primarily including food,
beverage, disposables and related supplies for a multi-billion
dollar company. Leads and oversees the category planning process,
including the development and implementation of category plans;
leveraging insights in order to formulate key strategies and
category initiatives supporting those strategies. Ensures process,
procedures, programs and standards governing process in place and
optimized for primary and secondary food service distribution
covering DN operating locations (including but not limited to
foodservice, disposables, produce, janitorial, retail grocery,
convenience, sundries and secondary market opportunity buys), as
executed through various contracted service providers. Influences
and drives positive results for Delaware North subsidiaries,
operations management, culinary and food & beverage operations.
- Drives the strategic vision of the department and implements
continuous improvement processes to meet evolving needs of the
- Leads teams to continually strive to identify, access and fully
leverage available supplier resources to meet the needs of the
business and support the visions, values and overarching
goals/objectives of Delaware North.
- Ensures category strategies are based on market knowledge and
- Establish, champion, and hold category teams accountable to
align and leverage key program and product requirements across
categories of responsibility.
- Establishes and enforces standards and processes; ensures
negotiated terms & conditions being consistent with corporate
vision and values; including, goals, standards and ethics, while
delivering best overall value to the Company and operating
- Delivers on supply management's formal financial commitments,
thus realizing profit and loss impact.
- Establishes and enforces standards; ensures operating units
minimize overall costs by maximizing supplier program incentives
and resources, including distributor efficiency measures.
- Establishes and enforces standards; ensures the maximization as
well as management of the collection, deposit and allocation of all
supplier program allowances, rebates, earned income and incentives
generated by contracts & programs.
- Aligns department's strategic plan with the vision, growth
goals and values of Delaware North.
- Oversees team's developing and disseminating metrics and KPI's
to measure performance of and compliance to all food, beverage and
supply programs in order to achieve goals related to leveraging
spend, driving efficiencies, supporting company quality standards,
food safety and maintaining profit margins.
- Develop and ensures implementation of systems to maximize
distribution program compliance and administer the contracted
programs providing a consistent level of service and end user
- Leads by example by exhibiting a results-driven purpose,
transparency, strong influence skills, and ability to work across a
- Leads team of category management professionals to translate
category management principles into action through strong data
analytics and industry, business and category insights.
- Accomplished leader with proven ability to build and execute a
strategic category vision.
- Create, drive and mentor staff.
- Recognized as a strong strategic business partner.
- Engages with leadership in the field, engages with team
associates to drive results while building long-term capacity.
- Develop, deepen and maintain trusted and collaborative
relationships with business partners.
- Develop, evaluate, and prioritize ideas on new ways to grow the
business through partnerships and cooperative deals that drive
revenue. Required Education, Experience & Skills:
- BA/BS degree required in Business Administration/Management,
Supply Chain, Finance, Accounting, Economics, or related field.
Master's degree, MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in a procurement role with
extensive food & beverage contract and category management
experience with increasing levels of responsibility.
- Strong financial acumen with consultative, analytical and
problem solving skills.
- Strong negotiation skills with experience negotiating
commercial terms and service level agreements. The ability to
interact with executives and stakeholders at all levels of
organization and deliver effective presentations.
- Proven ability to manage competing agendas and priorities, and
translate complex information across internal and external
- Skilled at coaching, mentoring and developing staff Who We Are
Take your career beyond the ordinary-to the extraordinary.
At Delaware North, you'll love where you work, who you work with,
and how your day unfolds. Whether it's in sporting venues, casinos,
airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants,
there's no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We
empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of
success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the
thrill of making things happen - share our vision, grow with
Delaware North is one of the largest privately held hospitality
companies in the world. Founded in 1915 and owned by the Jacobs
family for more than 100 years, Delaware North has global
operations at high-profile places such as sports and entertainment
venues, national and state parks, destination resorts and
restaurants, airports, and regional casinos. Our 55,000 employee
associates are dedicated to creating special experiences one guest
at a time in serving more than a half-billion guests annually.
Delaware North operates in the sports, travel hospitality,
restaurant and catering, parks, resorts, gaming, and specialty
retail industries and has annual revenue of about $3 billion. Learn
more about Delaware North, a global leader in hospitality, at .
All applicants will be subject to a pre-employment background check
and may be subject to a pre-employment drug test depending upon the
position and/or client requirements.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries
consider applicants for all positions without regard to race,
color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability,
marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally
protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity
Keywords: Delaware North, Buffalo , Vice President, Category Management, Executive , Buffalo, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!