Manager of Major Gifts
Company: Albright-Knox Art Gallery
Posted on: May 19, 2019
Manager of Major Gifts Summary: The Manager of Major Gifts is a
leader on the AK Advancement team and works closely with the
Director of Advancement to build and execute a major gifts program
at the Albright-Knox Art Gallery. The Manager of Major Gift's
primary focus is to construct and sustain myriad avenues for
meaningful, productive relationships between the Museum and our
donor community. Principal duties include defining and articulating
opportunities for major gift support and executing strategies to
meet specific fundraising goals, and ultimately contributing
towards annual revenues of $5+ million and $160+ million towards
the AK360 Capital Campaign. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build and manage a portfolio of approximately 125 current and
potential donors (individual, corporate, and foundation) capable of
making five-to-seven figure gifts
- Develop an individualized plan of action for each donor in the
portfolio appropriate to their relationship to the museum
(identification, cultivation, solicitation, stewardship)
- Actively add, qualify, and disqualify donors
- The Manager of Major Gifts will spend a significant portion of
their time outside of the office, representing the Albright-Knox
among a broadening base of donors.
- With Manager of Advancement Services, maintain a process to
identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward the museum's top donors
- Delegate actions to key museum leaders (Director, Deputy
Director, Director of Advancement, Chief Curator, Board Members)
- Facilitate the construction and tracking of a multi-year donor
- Work with Manager of Advancement Services to track all actions
- Maintain and activate an annual plan/calendar of all intended
solicitations for restricted gifts to ensure donors are approached
and in a timely manner.
- Work with colleagues throughout the museum (education,
curatorial, public art, etc.) to identify opportunities for support
- Maintain an ongoing list of these opportunities
- Create compelling case materials to solicit support
- Play a leading role in the fundraising strategy for the
museum's signature events - the Gala, summer event/Rockin' at the
Knox, and Chef Dinner
- Liaise with event committees for the summer event and the gala,
creating solicitation materials and encouraging their pursuit of
- Identify opportunities and implement plans for increased
revenue generation either through new sponsors or new
- Devise appropriate follow up for all sponsors and attendees,
identifying those with inclination and capacity for involvement at
- Ensure that planned gift opportunities are an integral part of
donor conversations at the Albright-Knox.
- Play a leading role in conceptualizing the annual/biennial JJ
- Resurrect endowment reporting process
- Partner with Manager of Membership and Leadership Annual Giving
to manage, sustain, and grow the Convergence Council, a group of
leadership level donors who serve as ambassadors, thought-leaders,
and volunteer fundraisers for the gallery.
- Play an active leadership role in the AK360 Capital Campaign.
Build a deep knowledge of the case for support, strategize creative
gift opportunities, and solicit gifts in the five-to-seven figure
- Research and explore the rich community of Buffalo ex-pats who
maintain deep ties to the City but live elsewhere. Create
affinities within this group and strengthen ties back to Museum,
conceptualizing communication and outreach. Some travel
- Serve as a liaison for the Advancement Committee of the Board
of Directors: facilitate agenda development, assist in coordinating
communications, and direct follow-up. General Development
- Be thoroughly knowledgeable about the history, mission,
exhibitions, and programs of the Albright-Knox and able to
articulate this information to donors and prospects, aligning it
appropriately with philanthropic interests and corporate
- Understand all AK gift-related policies and procedures and
ensure full ethical and fiscal compliance with them.
- Actively participate in community outreach efforts as needed,
including on-campus activities and outside speaking
- Utilize Altru database to add and extract information about
donors and prospects.
- Assist with review and verification of major gift donor
recognition lists. Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree and minimum of four (4) years of successful
- Major gift fundraising experience required, with experience
securing gifts of $10,000+
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to work
effectively with a diverse population of donors and prospects,
board members, staff, and community leaders.
- Excellent written, verbal, and listening skills, including
ability to make effective presentations to individuals and
- Demonstrated success in working both independently and as a
team member to create and implement fundraising strategies at the
major gifts level.
- Strong sense of organization, planning, and time
- Knowledge of donor software programs, preferably Blackbaud
products; proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
- Must be able to work some evenings and weekends.
- Some travel required; must have a valid passport.
Keywords: Albright-Knox Art Gallery, Buffalo , Manager of Major Gifts, Executive , Buffalo, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!