Outdoor Adventure Day Camp - Director
Company: YMCA Buffalo Niagara
Posted on: March 20, 2023
YMCA Buffalo Niagara operates Outdoor Adventure Day Camps. Camp
activities include swimming, nature study, hiking, archery, gaga
pit games, arts & crafts, and more.
When applying for this job, you will be directed to select the
location(s) you are able to work at:
- Orchard Park: YMCA Camp Eggert
- Corfu: YMCA Camp Tahigwa
- Barker: YMCA Camp Kenan YMCA Buffalo Niagara is an equal
opportunity employer committed to valuing diversity and practicing
The Day Camp Director is responsible for the successful operation
of the summer day camp program. Plans, organizes, and implements
activities, provides direction, supervision, and support to day
camp staff, performs administrative tasks, and ensures the safety
of campers. This is a seasonal summer position.
GENERAL WORK SCHEDULE:
Camp employees are scheduled to work Monday - Friday, up to 40
hours per week. Must be available to work between the hours of 7:00
am and 6:00 pm.
Bus transportation to and from Camp Tahigwa and Camp Kenan is
Complimentary YMCA Buffalo Niagara membership, discounted program
fees, paid sick leave, training and leadership development
opportunities, and a fun work environment.
- Plans and implements camp activities as per the program
- Trains, supervises, directs, and evaluates program staff.
Participates in the selection process to identify the best camp
staff. Manages the staff schedule to ensure staff-to-child ratios
- Provides daily oversight and leadership of camp operations.
Identifies and solves problems, implements appropriate discipline
techniques, and enforces policies and procedures.
- Plans and facilitates components of the pre-camp staff training
- Ensures effective communication between staff and parents of
- Develops and maintains positive, open communication between
campers and camp staff.
- Implements and maintains work rules and regulations as required
by YMCA Buffalo Niagara, the NYS Department of Health and other
- Pursues new and innovative program initiatives.
- Provides for and organizes equipment and supplies for camp
- Follows and enforces department protocol to clean and disinfect
commonly used surfaces. Ensures PPE compliance.
- Maintains the cleanliness and organization of program/work
- Participates with campers when needed, including in the pool
during swim lessons and free swim.
- Oversees and performs administrative functions including
attendance, camper development, program planning, and
- Schedules, plans, and carries out regular staff meetings.
- Implements ongoing safety checks to assure a healthy and safe
camp environment. Implements emergency procedures when
- Completes additional duties as assigned. QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must have knowledge of and previous work experience in camping,
group work, recreation and related fields.
- Experience in program administration and staff
- Strong leadership, communication, and organizational
- Have and maintain community CPR certification. (American Red
Cross, ASHI, American Heart Association)
- Responding to Emergencies or Advanced First Aid certification
is preferred and may be required before the start of camp programs.
(American Red Cross, ASHI, American Heart Association)
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $17.00
- Job Start Date Thursday, June 1, 2023
Keywords: YMCA Buffalo Niagara, Buffalo , Outdoor Adventure Day Camp - Director, Executive , Barker, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...