Senior Associate Director of Admissions
Company: Alfred University
Posted on: March 16, 2023
The Senior Associate Director of Admissions works closely with
the VP for Enrollment Management to provide oversight of the
undergraduate recruitment and admissions processes. Additionally,
the position will oversee the admission counselors that are in
office and the day operations of the office.Responsibilities:
- Manage a geographic territory. Responsible for meeting
established recruitment goals and providing analysis (e.g.,
- Assist students and families with all aspects of the enrollment
process to the University (e.g., college selection process,
application review, and financial aid). Communication with
prospective students via telephone, email, and written
correspondence is expected. Evening work is required.
- Perform recruitment travel. Responsibilities include attending
college fairs and performing high school recruitment visits, and
coordinating off-campus recruitment events. Evening/weekend work
and overnight travel is required.
- Work with the VP and Enrollment Management Leadership Team to
develop strategic direction and priorities.
- Manage admission counselors that are in office.
- Foster professional development of direct reports & provide
ongoing training for and assessment of team members including
onboarding of new staff
- Assist with the development and delivery of admissions
projects, analyze data, develop reports and make actionable
recommendations; demonstrated ability to see projects through from
start to implementation
- Conduct interviews and group information sessions (on-and-off
campus). Weekend work is required.
- Review applications and make decisions.
- Attend and assist with recruitment events (e.g., open houses).
Weekend work is required.
- Participate in training workshops, staff retreats, and
professional conferences. Evening/weekend work and overnight travel
- Formal Education: Bachelor's Degree required; Master's Degree a
- Experience: The successful candidate will have at least seven
years' experience in a collegiate admissions office or three years
of admissions experience and other appropriate professional
- Additional Knowledge/Skills:
- A valid automobile driver's license is required with ability to
- Candidates should have excellent communication skills and feel
comfortable/confident speaking in large/small groups and with
people from diverse backgrounds.
- Candidates must be goal oriented, able to work independently
with limited supervision, able to work in a team setting, and able
to understand and use technology (e.g., Microsoft Office, social
media and email).
- Flexibility to work on weekends, evenings, and overnight stays
is required.Alfred University actively subscribes to a policy of
equal employment opportunity, and will not discriminate against any
employee, student or applicant because of race, age, sex, color,
sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, physical
or mental disability, religion, ancestry or national origin,
marital status, genetic information, military or veteran status,
domestic violence victim status, criminal conviction status,
political affiliation or any other characteristic protected by
applicable law. Protected veterans, minorities and women are
encouraged to apply.
Keywords: Alfred University, Buffalo , Senior Associate Director of Admissions, Executive , Alfred, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...