IT Audit Consultant - Cybersecurity and Identity & Access Management
Company: M&T Bank Corporation
Posted on: March 16, 2023
IT Audit Consultant - Cybersecurity and Identity & Access
Management page is loaded IT Audit Consultant - Cybersecurity and
Identity & Access Management Apply locations Buffalo, NY time type
Full time posted on Posted 2 Days Ago job requisition id R49857 **
Ideally, this will be an in-office position in Buffalo, NY,
Wilmington, DE, Bridgeport, CT or another M&T office location.
Possibly a hybrid or remote position depending upon the location of
the final candidate. Overview: This role provides senior level
expertise in audit engagements that span multiple portfolios which
require in-depth business and risk knowledge to properly assess
associated risk and controls. Primary Responsibilities: Successful
Audit Plan Completion
- Stay abreast of best practices, industry developments, and
changing or emerging risks and consult with the audit teams to
ensure their coverage as appropriate in assigned audits.
- Participate in the execution of audit procedures, particularly
those which are highly visible and complex in nature, in a
risk-focused manner while maintaining independence and adhering to
department and professional industry standards. -
- Analyze audit findings, particularly those that require complex
judgment or sophisticated analytical thought, and propose creative
and pragmatic solutions to the audit team for consideration in the
final audit report.
- Drive audit teams in the planning and execution of validation
procedures for Internal Audit and Regulatory issues that require
subject matter expertise.
- Organize and complete work within established budgets and time
frames with minimal direction from audit management.
- Incorporate the use of data analytics throughout all phases of
the audit process.
- Inform and clearly demonstrate support for the department's
strategic objectives.Leadership, Decision Making, and Communication
- Possess strong management and interpersonal skills, make sound
decisions independently, exhibiting initiative and intuitive
- Proactively communicate with senior management members of the
audit team and line of business senior and executive regarding the
status of audits and potential issues identified.
- Build strong partnerships with business stakeholders and audit
- Demonstrates strong judgment, political astuteness, and
sensitivity to cultural diversity. -Developing Others
- Coach and mentor junior audit team members through knowledge
sharing, tailoring the approach based upon their skills and
- Adhere to applicable compliance/operational risk controls in
accordance with Company or regulatory standards and policies.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the
M&T Bank brand.
- Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely
implementation of internal and external audit points together with
any issues raised by external regulators, as applicable.
- Complete other related duties as assigned. Scope of
Responsibilities: This role operates independently within a matrix
reporting environment and is responsible for the timely delivery of
high quality, value-added audit reports for a variety of business
activities (complex in nature), which meet the requirements of the
Audit Committee and regulatory expectations. Ensures ongoing
conformance with professional auditing standards.This position
directly communicates with Senior, Middle and Line Management and
External Auditors. Builds strong partnerships with business
stakeholders and other audit team members. -This role also requires
periodic interaction with external regulatory agencies.
Supervisory/ Managerial Responsibilities: May provide coaching
opportunities for certain audit professionals but is not
responsible for performance management, compensation planning, or
other similar duties. Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Accounting, Business, Finance,
Technology, Cybersecurity, Mathematics, Statistics or other related
technical field and 7 years of relevant experience, inclusive of 2
years of work leadership experience. In lieu of degree, a combined
minimum of 11 years higher education and/or work experience
including 7 years of relevant work experience and 2 years of work
- Demonstrates strong judgment, political astuteness, and
sensitivity to cultural diversity.
- Possesses strong project management and interpersonal skills,
makes sound decisions, exhibiting initiative and critical
- Specific subject matter expertise regarding internal audit
disciplines or in one or more of the following areas -
cybersecurity, identity and access management and business
- Effective negotiation skills, a proactive and 'no surprises'
approach in communicating issues and strength in sustaining
- This individual must be an articulate and effective
communicator, both orally and in writing, with an energetic,
charismatic and approachable style. Education and Experience
- MBA or Master's degree in an appropriate field preferred.
- Related certifications (CIA, CISA, CISSP or similar).
- Financial Services Industry experience
preferred.LocationBuffalo, New York, United States of America About
Us At M&T Bank, we make a difference in people's lives. For
more than 160 years, we've been providing our customers with
guidance and financial solutions, leading our communities through
challenges and growth opportunities, and empowering our employees
to build purpose-driven careers.Our talent and culture set us
apart. Our core values drive the work we do - integrity, ownership,
collaboration, curiosity, candor. We seek to further build upon our
record of success by bringing in diverse talents and fresh skill
sets while supporting the growth and development of all team
members. At M&T, we are a talent and people driven
organization. Take a peek inside M&T's Human Capital Report to
learn how it feels to be one of our 17,000+ employees. We are
constantly renewing. Our future success relies on our ability to
understand what's important to our customers and use that
understanding to build new and innovative customer experiences.We
support our employees every step of the way.
- Competitive compensation
- Full medical & dental benefits, Heath Savings & Flexible
Spending Accounts, and life/disability insurance
- Generous paid time off (PTO) plus 11 paid holidays and an
option to buy additional PTO
- 401(k) match at 5% with options for Roth and discretionary
- A deep commitment to equity, including 14 resource group
charters, a D&I sponsorship program, 40 annual paid volunteer
hours and more
- Various options for tuition assistance, paid parental leave,
stock purchase, wellness and employee discountsWe need you. Are you
ready to join us? Apply today to start the journey.If you are
unable to apply through this site due to technical issues or are in
need of an accommodation to apply, please contact us at
firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.M&T Bank Corporation
is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, including
disabilities and veterans.M&T Bank Corporation has policies and
procedures in place to promote a drug free workplace.
Keywords: M&T Bank Corporation, Buffalo , IT Audit Consultant - Cybersecurity and Identity & Access Management, Executive , Buffalo, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...