Operational Risk Manager - ICM Coverage
Posted on: November 26, 2022
The Operational Risk Grp Manager is accountable for management
of complex/critical/large professional disciplinary areas. Leads
and directs a team of professionals. Requires a comprehensive
understanding of multiple areas within a function and how they
interact in order to achieve the objectives of the function.
Applies in-depth understanding of the business impact of technical
contributions. Strong commercial awareness is a necessity.
Generally accountable for delivery of a full range of services to
one or more businesses/ geographic regions. Excellent communication
skills required in order to negotiate internally, often at a senior
level. Some external communication may be necessary. Accountable
for the end results of an area. Exercises control over resources,
policy formulation and planning. Primarily affects a sub-function.
Involved in short- to medium-term planning of actions and resources
for own area. Full management responsibility of a team or multiple
teams, including management of people, budget and planning, to
include performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary
actions and terminations and budget approval.
- Establishes and oversees the application of operational risk
policies, technology and tools, and governance processes to create
lasting solutions for minimizing losses from failed internal
processes, inadequate controls, and emerging risks.
- independently asses risks and drive actions to address the root
causes that persistently lead to operational risk losses by
challenging both historical and proposed practices.
- Governance and oversight may include (not limited to)
technology operational risk, cyber risk for example.
- Serves as an oversight function working with the In-Business OR
and Independent Risk Teams
- Drives - Operation Risk Anticipation, Mitigation and Loss
Recovery (and respective Recovery Plans)
- Ensures Operation Risk Policy implementation and exception
- Informs Operational Risk Council on Sub-Segment Level OR
- Attends In Business Risk Committees
- Leads- oversees the annual Key Risk Indicator (KI) reviews
- Monitors KRCIs triggers and thresholds and the analysis by the
- Liaises with Business ORM on breaches and action steps to
- Communicates and Escalates breaches in KIs at the Segment
- Exports best practices and common risk, controls and corrective
actions through Framework Papers
- Ensures that Citi wide KORs and KIs are communicated and
understood by Businesses
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made,
demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation
and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving
compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to
Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal
behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing
and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as
effectively supervise the activity of others and create
accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 10+ years relevant experience
- Significant experience in Operational Risk and/or Credit Risk
is a must.
- Experience in Internal Audit or Financial Control would be
- Expertise in the following would be beneficial: Loan booking,
Data Capture and Recording, Loan Maintenance, Loan Servicing,
Verification/Client instruction Validation, and other
lending-related control activities.
- Excellent communication skills - verbal & written Education:
- Bachelor's/University degree, Master's degree preferred The
role is in charge of the operational risk management oversight of
Institutional Credit Management, with specific focus on the Lending
Product Management, composed of Transaction Management (TM), and
Credit Risk Management Systems (CRMS).
TM and CRMS are middle office areas in charge of the lending
booking process, booking controls along with loan closing and loan
servicing functions. This includes, but is not limited to: Loan
booking (prior to final execution by Operations), Data Capture and
Recording, Loan Maintenance, Loan Servicing, Verification/Client
instruction Validation, and other lending-related control
The incumbent will in charge of overseen the implementation of the
operational risk management framework and challenge the design and
execution of control-related activities for TM and CRMS. The
primary goal of this role is to achieve risk reduction across the
spectrum of operational risks, allowing the organization to
minimize, mitigate and/or prevent operational risk related losses,
expenses or regulatory sanctions.
This will be achieved through a variety of tools an activities,
- Challenge of TM and CRMS Manager Control Assessment (MCA)
- Challenge of the Risk Identification (ID) process, including
Material Risk Inventory (MRI)/ Key Operational Risk (KOR)/ Key
- Operational Risk Reviews
- Lessons Learned Challenge
- New Activity Reviews
- Scenario Analysis Challenge
- Project Management Challenge, with emphasis on Regulatory
Business Critical Milestones
- Independent Challenge/Validation of Issue Attributes or Issue
Closure Emerging Risks
Job Family Group:
Risk Management -
Tampa Florida United States
Primary Location Salary Range:
$121,640.00 - $182,460.00
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to
their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified
interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are
a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to
use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review
Accessibility at Citi.
View the "EEO is the Law" poster. View the EEO is the Law
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Effective November 1, 2021, Citi requires that all successful
applicants for positions located in the United States or Puerto
Rico be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of
employment and provide proof of such vaccination prior to
commencement of employment.
Keywords: Citi, Buffalo , Operational Risk Manager - ICM Coverage, Executive , Hamburg, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!